Why are you even asking this? The batch file is not malicious, so I don't see why it would matter if any antivirus does or doesn't detect it.Would ESET and detect the script too or they would flag it as safe.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Installation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Why are you even asking this? The batch file is not malicious, so I don't see why it would matter if any antivirus does or doesn't detect it.Would ESET and detect the script too or they would flag it as safe.
the new malware:If none of that came true, a new name will be created
Testing for AV capability to discriminate FP.Why are you even asking this? The batch file is not malicious, so I don't see why it would matter if any antivirus does or doesn't detect it.
Microsoft trends towards "Disinclined to permit script execution on home users' machines" to categorically and definitively solve the problem of users generally not knowing what they're doing. In other words, protecting users from themselves - and by extension via the internetworks - everyone else.It is an open question whether scripts are required on home users' machines.
Microsoft agrees, but then there's that troublesome "User Rights" and "Users Want to Use Stuff" dinosaur thinking that infects and poisons the minds of the majority.It would be better to allow scripting and some administrative tasks only from a special troubleshooting account.
It is like deciding to stay home because I cannot look right and left before crossing street.If Bitdefender wants to detect and block every micro action remotely resembling ransomware, that’s Bitdefender’s vision for their products, nothing wrong
It is like deciding to stay home because I cannot look right and left before crossing street.
Sacrificing usability for blind security.
Home users need scripts for coding and other reasonsScripts were not introduced for home users, but for Administrators in Enterprises. Why must home users suffer because of this?
Similarly, why restrict drivers by introducing zebras? Why should drivers care about creatures that use feet?
Home users need scripts for coding and other reasons![]()
Haha. Usually it's the security researcher who first found the unique malware/attack have the privilege to give it a fancy name.the new malware:
![]()
If it has the motw, it will be blocked regardless of its behavior.I would like to know what will smart app control Classify this script will it allow this script to run or it will block it![]()
I would like to know what will smart app control Classify this script will it allow this script to run or it will block it![]()

SAC is blocking any potentially "dangerous" extension with motw (reg, lnk, vbs, vbe, cmd, ps1, bat, ....) and for lnk even if does not have motw but the file of the shortcut has.Windows isn't stupid enough to let a poor BATCH file destroy the system
SAC is blocking any potentially "dangerous" extension with motw (reg, lnk, vbs, vbe, cmd, ps1, bat, ....) and for lnk even if does not have motw but the file of the shortcut has.
On my K, I am using it like this: I uncheck the box "Do not trust digitally signed applications" and also disable "Trust Kaspersky Security Network (KSN)". I leave K very restricted, so that any new or unknown file that tries to run will be blocked and will not have any access to the internet.Yes, indeed, it works like an Anti-Exe (such as AppGuard or Avast! Free's Smart mode).
fwiw sidenote, I just visited my Ludite brother out of town, he had NEVER updated his android, did that for him, also unlocked, so I asked him to pick PIN, set lock, and it autolocked after I we parted, and he threw a sh!tfit.And then expecting users to do a little bit of work - like switch accounts or a flipping a few Booleans - well... that's, that's...
SAC is blocking any potentially "dangerous" extension with motw ...
Yes, SRP through WHHL has a wider spectrum and does not need MOTW.It is not as good as blocking any potentially dangerous file type.
SAC can only block about 10% of such file types (the most dangerous ones).
It is "incredibly effective" at home, but would not be effective against targeted attacks in Enterprises.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes
Continue exploring the conversation.