App Review Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2020

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Product name
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2020
Installation (rating)
4.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
Well-kept and clean interface, not very easy to find advanced settings such as the cloud participation program, but overall there should be no problems.
The animations are a little annoying for me but they can be deactivated.
Performance (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Proactive protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
One of the best in the industry for Trojans, malware and spyware.
Nothing more to comment.
Browser protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Positives
    • Many features
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Lightning fast scans
    • Highly configurable
    • Easy to use
    • Simple and non-intrusive
    • Strong and reliable protection
    • Detects or blocks in the wild malware
    • Accurate results and reliable antivirus engine
    • Effective malicious URL blocking
    • Excellent scores in independent tests
    • Great value for money
    • Well designed, clear and easy to use interface
Negatives
    • Features are considered too basic
    • Can be complex in some situations
Time spent using product
Computer specs
PC desktop
I7 7700
2060rtx
32gb 2666ghz ram
ssd 1tb

Laptop
I5 8300
gtx 1060
16 Gb ram
256Gb Ssd
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
Overall rating
4.00 star(s)

Devilboss94

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 16, 2020
How not to be the best Kaspersky when you have 32 gb ddr?
@Devilboss94 Do you still have free memory slots? :giggle:
True, there are many 32 GB of ram, but I can assure you that it is quite light, now it is also installed on the laptop with 16 GB of the same consumption, and I think it can run safely even with 4 GB of ram even with some optimization of the settings.
I must admit that it has improved a lot compared to 2-3 years ago in terms of performance.

ps: I have all 4 banks full, 8X4 Corsair vengeance 2666ghz

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
True, there are many 32 GB of ram, but I can assure you that it is quite light, now it is also installed on the laptop with 16 GB of the same consumption, and I think it can run safely even with 4 GB of ram even with some optimization of the settings.
I must admit that it has improved a lot compared to 2-3 years ago in terms of performance.

ps: I have all 4 banks full, 8X4 Corsair vengeance 2666ghz
I have Kaspersky Internet Security installed. on a quad-core CPU, (an outdated PC) with 4gb ddr 2, and I can say that it has no problems, if it has improved a lot in terms of resources.:)

Devilboss94

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 16, 2020
Same experience. Surface Pro 3, i5, 4 gb.
Hi, how did it slow you down?
In case you can try the settings I used here:

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
Im going to have to say at this moment Kaspersky 2020 is the lightest and most problem free i have tried a few since being home
for two weeks and most of them run sluggish or have problems i have Kaspersky on a killer computer (my toy) and i also have Kaspersky installed on a 10 year old acer which still runs great and it runs better then any security program now a new windows
10 update is coming soon lets all hope everything or anything will run fine after update

Devilboss94

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 16, 2020
While browsing, 5 tabs open and youtube in production.

Attachments

• Kas screen.PNG
    Kas screen.PNG
    31.6 KB · Views: 891

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
It did slow down my Pentium 4 core and 4GB RAM, usable, but slower than before at browsing and booting up. My experience.

I think this config is the line to a minimum good experience.
I have a computer with similar specs almost every av made the system slow but it's nowadays running as a SEP managed client with application control, firewall/ anti exploit only .
Since sonar and auto protect while giving better performance then many avs still made the system somewhat slow .

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
i was looking the new Falcon Protect
  • Better Protection

BETTER PROTECTION
    CrowdStrike's next-gen antivirus protects against all types of attacks from commodity malware to sophisticated attacks with one solution — even when offline.
  • Fast & Easy Deployment

FAST & EASY DEPLOYMENT
    Falcon Prevent is fully operational in seconds, no need for signatures, fine-tuning, or costly infrastructure.
  • Optimal Performance
  • OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE
    From initial deployment through ongoing day-to-day use, Falcon Prevent operates with near zero
Falcon Prevent: Cloud-native Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV)
Falcon Prevent offers the ideal AV replacement solution by combining the most effective prevention technologies with full attack visibility and simplicity — you’ll be up and ready immediately.

from crowdstrike i believe its 59..00 a year has anyone heard of them or use them and are they good

Reactions: roger_m

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Crowd strike aka these ML based AV ..get better with larger soak in time on a clean system.
No personal exp with these products..but as of now I think it is better to use the products that are time tested.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
i was looking the new Falcon Protect
  • Better Protection

BETTER PROTECTION
    CrowdStrike's next-gen antivirus protects against all types of attacks from commodity malware to sophisticated attacks with one solution — even when offline.
  • Fast & Easy Deployment

FAST & EASY DEPLOYMENT
    Falcon Prevent is fully operational in seconds, no need for signatures, fine-tuning, or costly infrastructure.
  • Optimal Performance
  • OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE
    From initial deployment through ongoing day-to-day use, Falcon Prevent operates with near zero
Falcon Prevent: Cloud-native Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV)
Falcon Prevent offers the ideal AV replacement solution by combining the most effective prevention technologies with full attack visibility and simplicity — you’ll be up and ready immediately.

from crowdstrike i believe its 59..00 a year has anyone heard of them or use them and are they good
It's a very good product 👌
Too expansive for home users though as it's built for the business .

Reactions: Aggravatorx

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Just leaving this here .
Eugene loves a revenge.

This is old news, they explained it on their blog too and said they really did this. By doing that they confirm Avast/AVG were stealing Kaspersky detections on VT.

Read Eugene personal blog, he is really pissed off with stealing technology and when Kaspersky comes with new things he seems like a kid playing with toys.

In an effort to prove that other companies were ripping off its work, Kaspersky said it ran an experiment: It created 10 harmless files and told VirusTotal that it regarded them as malicious. VirusTotal aggregates information on suspicious files and shares them with security companies.

Within a week and a half, all 10 files were declared dangerous by as many as 14 security companies that had blindly followed Kaspersky's lead, according to a media presentation given by senior Kaspersky analyst Magnus Kalkuhl in Moscow in January 2010.

Last edited:

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
Eugene loves a revenge.

This is old news, they explained it on their blog too and said they really did this. By doing that they confirm Avast/AVG were stealing Kaspersky detections on VT.

Read Eugene personal blog, he is really pissed off with stealing technology and when Kaspersky comes with new things he seems like a kid playing with toys.
Yeah I mean it’s arguably petty compared to just making your VirusTotal engine suck (which is what Avira and others seem to do), but it doesn’t affect my decision when choosing an AV. This isn’t them compromising the protection of a customer, it is an evil prank on other AV vendors who did seem to just be copying Kaspersky detections.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.