Battle Antivirus payment advice.. Paid AV that is OSArmor compatible

Devilboss94

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 16, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm new to this very useful forum.

I start by asking you for advice, which antivirus to choose to pay (not free), which is light and does not slow down the system during gaming or browsing, I currently use windows defender with Osarmor, but I am not satisfied with WD, I would like to keep Osamor though, I want a basic antivirus and not a suite.

My laptop is Asus rog scar 2
cpu: i5-8300
gpu:gtx 1060
ram:16 gb 2666mhz
ssd 256gb

Thanks to those who want to help me in this choice.

Devilboss94

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 16, 2020
Sorry if I didn't put the thread in the right place!

Then I completely agree with you on MBAM, in fact after the test I immediately uninstalled and I don't intend to use it anymore.
I would like to put only one Antivirus to support Osarmor or Voodooshield.

The choice for now is between Bullguard, F-secure and Eset, I saw the prices have gone up a lot!

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
That changes all the time... One can be better or worse, then next month all can change. When you can buy licences for 3 or 4 years, that makes choosing much more complicated.
I am not talking about a trend of months, rather a trend of years. See @Spawn's post. He is on the spot.

Kermit80

Level 1
Mar 29, 2020
I start by asking you for advice, which antivirus to choose to pay (not free), which is light and does not slow down the system during gaming or browsing, I currently use windows defender with Osarmor, but I am not satisfied with WD, I would like to keep Osamor though, I want a basic antivirus and not a suite.

Hello, I would suggest ESET or AVAST, they're both very light. I have Avast and OSArmor on my work PC and haven't had any problem till now.

Last edited:

Devilboss94

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 16, 2020

Eset nod 32/ kaspersky antivirus
both will have light usage on your beast pc configuration while having a pretty good bb and having very low false positive and decent protection or very high protection with some annoyance
or you can try the wise vecter stopx beta who has suprb bb maybe even better then the above when both set to default but a lot of false positives
but way not stay with os armour as everything as ita already overkill
maybe some hardned firewall can of you're really paranoid
But seriously stay with os armour or go to a suite that has application and control like module
I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus on my desktop pc, with the latest version I find it a bit burdened, I accuse some slowdowns in web browsing with both Chrome and Firefox.

Maybe I could try it with lighter settings, because the laptop is less powerful, what do you say?

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus on my desktop pc, with the latest version I find it a bit burdened, I accuse some slowdowns in web browsing with both Chrome and Firefox.

Maybe I could try it with lighter settings, because the laptop is less powerful, what do you say?
Have a look at the settings by @Evjl's Rain from here:
Hope that helps (y)

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hi,
It depends a lot what are you doing on your PC. If you download "warez" etc, I would recommend F-Secure SAFE + OSArmor I've used OSArmor, but it slowed down my 'puter alot. So you might want to only disable Powershell, certutil and wscript althogether. Untick all other in OSArmor.
Then, get a free powerfull kernel based anti-keylogger. Sophisticated keylogger malware can evade your AV while sitting in your puter. Never ever trust Windows on firewall and third party sofwares that relyes on that. Even Zonealarm Free firewall is much better than Windows own firewall. ZA uses its own fw driver and it loads way before windows fw. Its really, really easy to kill windows firewall during boot up stage.

Devilboss94

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 16, 2020
Well thank you all!
Then I will try Kaspersky anti-virus also on laptops but with optimizations to reduce its impact and let's see.
I would like to place him alongside Osarmor there will be conflict problems in your opinion?
In my desktop I use it together with Vodo and it doesn't give any problems.

Devilboss94

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 16, 2020
Here I am, then following the tradition I also installed anti-virus Kas on the laptop, for now in trial let's see how it goes.
I made some changes to the settings as he also pointed out to me @Gandalf_The_Grey, plus some of my personal ones.
I'm undecided whether to use Osarmor now let's see ...
Screenshots will follow.

Attachments

• Kas 1.PNG
    Kas 1.PNG
    42.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Kas 2.PNG
    Kas 2.PNG
    39.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Kas 3.PNG
    Kas 3.PNG
    60 KB · Views: 236
  • Kas 4.PNG
    Kas 4.PNG
    33.5 KB · Views: 243

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
That's exactly what I did, I preferred Osarmor because it has no impact on performance.
OSArmor has many good features and minimal impact on performance. It can be recommended to many users. But anyway, it uses 3rd party driver, so it has slightly bigger impact on performance as compared to Hard_Configurator.:)(y)

Devilboss94

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 16, 2020
OSArmor has many good features and minimal impact on performance. It can be recommended to many users. But anyway, it uses 3rd party driver, so it has slightly bigger impact on performance as compared to Hard_Configurator.:)(y)
Hi, I saw your tool Hard_Configutator, it looks really great I think I'll try it in place of OsaAmor.
Are the default settings close to Kas Anti-Virus or do I have to activate something else?

Yes, it does or even with NVT SysHardener, as KSCFree does not have Application Control + FireWall.... but a better tool to pair with would be Hard_Configurator (@Andy Ful).
In fact I have decided that I will try Hard_Configurator, performance is always well-liked.
I am using Kas Anti-Virus though not KSCFree.

Last edited:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Hi, I saw your tool Hard_Configutator, it looks really great I think I'll try it in place of OsaAmor.
Are the default settings close to Kas Anti-Virus or do I have to activate something else?
You can try H_C and start from the H_C setting profile for Avast. It should work well for Kaspersky, too. The H_C Recommended Settings would require some learning and more whitelisting. If H_C will be too restrictive for you, then you can go back to SysHardener.

Devilboss94

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 16, 2020
You can try H_C and start from the H_C setting profile for Avast. It should work well for Kaspersky, too. The H_C Recommended Settings would require some learning and more whitelisting. If H_C will be too restrictive for you, then you can go back to SysHardener.
I installed your package, I congratulate you it seems really well structured and not difficult to set up, for now it goes smoothly with Kas, my configuration that I am testing is Recommendend En. for now no problem with some game executables, I will try with other.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.