Battle Antivirus payment advice.. Paid AV that is OSArmor compatible

Devilboss94

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 16, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm new to this very useful forum.

I start by asking you for advice, which antivirus to choose to pay (not free), which is light and does not slow down the system during gaming or browsing, I currently use windows defender with Osarmor, but I am not satisfied with WD, I would like to keep Osamor though, I want a basic antivirus and not a suite.

My laptop is Asus rog scar 2
cpu: i5-8300
gpu:gtx 1060
ram:16 gb 2666mhz
ssd 256gb

Thanks to those who want to help me in this choice.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hi!
Your device is quite decent. You can try F-Secure Safe (easy-to-use as no settings to change but powerful)
Eset IS is light and won't affect your gaming.
Bullgurad IS is the best, in my experience, for gamers but other security products offer better protection.
If you are careful enough, you can purchase Bullguard. You can find cheap licenses for it. If you think it won't be enough for protection, you can pair it with SecureAPlus.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
Eset IS is a good choice as it is quite light though there are many others like Emsisoft, Kaspersky etc. which are a bit heavier. You may download their trials to see which is one is best for your PC. If you don't use much of the memory, then any of them is good.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
What about Malwarebites premium? With Windows Defender. Malwarebytes has a "Play mode" which disables notifications and minimizes processes for better performance. Cybersecurity for gamers
It does not provide good protection, so it's not worth the impact on performance and other possible issues.

Devilboss94

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 16, 2020
What about Malwarebites premium? With Windows Defender. Malwarebytes has a "Play mode" which disables notifications and minimizes processes for better performance. Cybersecurity for gamers
Hi, i used to have Malwarebites premium before, coupled with norton but it slowed down the system a lot.

Hi!
Your device is quite decent. You can try F-Secure Safe (easy-to-use as no settings to change but powerful)
Eset IS is light and won't affect your gaming.
Bullgurad IS is the best, in my experience, for gamers but other security products offer better protection.
If you are careful enough, you can purchase Bullguard. You can find cheap licenses for it. If you think it won't be enough for protection, you can pair it with SecureAPlus.
Good advice, i saw some tests they are good enough maybe a little more lacking Bullguard for ronsomware and malware.
Considering more the impact of performance, in your opinion is it better to F-secure or Bullguard?

If you want a light, paid AV, which is not a suite, go with Nod32. It is ESET but without the suite extras. It is cheap, light, no issues, good protection.
Hello, thanks for the advice, I had in the past Nod32 antivirus,for security it was a tank, but it wasn't not very light, I'm talking about 3 years ago now I don't know has improved?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hello, thanks for the advice, I had in the past Nod32 antivirus,for security it was a tank, but it wasn't not very light, I'm talking about 3 years ago now I don't know has improved?
NOD32 is very light now.
Which one doesn't provide good protection? Malwarebytes Premium or Windows Defender? I've always heard very good things about Malwarebytes and that combination.
Malwarebytes used to be good, but not anymore.

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I think what really sets Bullguard apart form the others is the Game Booster and the Network Scanner, the latter seems interesting, for people that don't have built-in antivirus on their router.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Which one doesn't provide good protection? Malwarebytes Premium or Windows Defender? I've always heard very good things about Malwarebytes and that combination.
O/T;
Malwarebytes Premium adds nothing to Windows Defender Antivirus, except using extra resources. You're better off with a single real-time Antivirus PLUS Hardening the OS and not being a Click-Happy PC User.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It does add web filtering, though this can be covered just as effectively with extensions for free.
O/T;
Exactly.

Web Filtering can be performed at a browser-level rather than on a system-level. Extensions are easier to update with less breakages to the OS, and compatible with more devices; Windows, macOS and Linux.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
O/T;
Exactly.

Web Filtering can be performed at a browser-level rather than on a system-level. Extensions are easier to update with less breakages to the OS, and compatible with more devices; Windows, macOS and Linux.
And we have our own @Evjl's Rain testing the extensions:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Eset nod 32/ kaspersky antivirus
both will have light usage on your beast pc configuration while having a pretty good bb and having very low false positive and decent protection or very high protection with some annoyance
or you can try the wise vecter stopx beta who has suprb bb maybe even better then the above when both set to default but a lot of false positives
but way not stay with os armour as everything as ita already overkill
maybe some hardned firewall can of you're really paranoid
But seriously stay with os armour or go to a suite that has application and control like module

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.