App Review Kaspersky Antivirus 2017 System Watcher Test (Impressive results!)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
D

Deleted member 2913

Only Comodo really was a total disappointment. Not only their behavior blocker only works well inside their Auto-Sandbox (it has a quite significant performance hit when used globally) which kinda defeats its purpose and secondly, despite all the time they offer it, it's really not much effective, only blocking few ransomware programs, but allowing all the general malware even though competition detects it consistently.
CIS/CFW is not a smart product. When I say "smart", I mean no effective malware analyzing technology into their product like Kaspersky System Watcher, Bitdefender Active Threat Control.

Their whole product is AutoSandbox & Whitelist (this is good & effective but not for everyone).

They never succeeded or came up with effective analyzing technology into their product, their scanners, viruscope, recognizers are so so or mediocre.

The only analyzing technology from Comodo house I liked & was effective, infact was excellent was "Old Valkyrie", it was bang on with malware with low FPs.

"New Valkyrie", I think is effective but never tested it. "Old Valkrie", I & other users on Comodo forums tested quite extensively.

But Comodo was & is not able to completely & successfully use "Valkyrie" into their product or for their product.

The addition of Valkyrie into CCAV is still premature & a mystery how it will work actually?
Valkyrie gives auto verdict like safe, malware, no threat found, etc And manual analysis verdict.
Its still not clear if auto verdict, manual verdict or both will be taken into account to not sandbox programs. And if auto verdict will be taken into account, only safe verdict or no threat found verdict will also be taken into account.

And I think CCAV will still be AutoSandbox & Whitelist with no Realtime Valkyrie or Semi Realtime Valkyrie i.e programs not found in Valkyrie databases will be sandboxed first & analyzed later & not analyzed in realtime with verdict. And Valkyrie databases is still a long way to be useful & effective.

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
CIS/CFW is not a smart product. When I say "smart", I mean no effective malware analyzing technology into their product like Kaspersky System Watcher, Bitdefender Active Threat Control.

Their whole product is AutoSandbox & Whitelist (this is good & effective but not for everyone).

They never succeeded or came up with effective analyzing technology into their product, their scanners, viruscope, recognizers are so so or mediocre.

The only analyzing technology from Comodo house I liked & was effective, infact was excellent was "Old Valkyrie", it was bang on with malware with low FPs.

"New Valkyrie", I think is effective but never tested it. "Old Valkrie", I & other users on Comodo forums tested quite extensively.

But Comodo was & is not able to completely & successfully use "Valkyrie" into their product or for their product.

The addition of Valkyrie into CCAV is still premature & a mystery how it will work actually?
Valkyrie gives auto verdict like safe, malware, no threat found, etc And manual analysis verdict.
Its still not clear if auto verdict, manual verdict or both will be taken into account to not sandbox programs. And if auto verdict will be taken into account, only safe verdict or no threat found verdict will also be taken into account.

And I think CCAV will still be AutoSandbox & Whitelist with no Realtime Valkyrie or Semi Realtime Valkyrie i.e programs not found in Valkyrie databases will be sandboxed first & analyzed later & not analyzed in realtime with verdict. And Valkyrie databases is still a long way to be useful & effective.

Viruscope is an equivalent to Software Analyzer, System Watcher or Active Threat Control. But like almost everything from Comodo, it's very primitive/broken.

Valkyrie is a good concept, if it ever actually worked. It has been broken beyond usable since day 1 and the last test I was doing like 2 days ago it was so broken it managed to rate scan ONE file and then connection to their servers crapped out. Entirely. Was waiting for 1 hour and then I just gave up. But don't you dare saying that to them, because they'll just instant ban you. One of reasons why their crap is perpetually broken. They don't want to hear their stuff is broken when it's, well, broken. How can it ever improve if they live in ignorance...

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.