Advice Request Kaspersky Antivirus with COMODO Firewall - Any known conflicts?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which setup would you recommend?

• Kaspersky Antivirus with COMODO Firewall

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Kaspersky Internet Security

Votes: 55 82.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2014
I use Kaspersky Internet Security, but now I want to use Kaspersky Antivirus with Comodo firewall.
Is it a good idea? Or should I stick with Kaspersky IS?
Is anybody using KAV with COMODO Firewall? Any conflicts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CodaPG and Syafiq

Prayag

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
If you have KIS installed and you want to use KAV and CFW, I recommend you to stick with KIS. KIS has a powerful firewall too and many other features :)
yeah,right.
KIS's firewall is quite good and doesn't block anything unnecessarily.It's quite smart by itself and can manage the unknowns by restricting their access rights,hence provide great protection without asking you for anything.

Prayag

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
Consider comodo firewall with KAV only if you know how to tweak it.
If you only need the firewall and not auto containment,then you have to use hips as without hips,comodo fw is not very impressive.
Beware,turning hips on,is the condition where the popups irk the user so badly that they finally get rid of it.

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Kaspersky IS is a lot better in terms of performance that KAV + Comodo FW also, from KIS you can get not only firewall module, I found more useful the network module which helps a lot that only a firewall module, also you get aplication control that if you customize properly you can get all the protection that you want from KAV+CF

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
KAV is a tiger without teeth, compared to KIS.
I recommend staying with KIS, upgrading to the 2018 edition (currently in Release Candidate stage), and enabling Trusted Applications Mode. Also, you can disable "trust digitally signed applications".

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I use Kaspersky Internet Security, but now I want to use Kaspersky Antivirus with COMODO firewall.
Is it a good idea? Or should I stick with Kaspersky IS?
Is anybody using KAV with COMODO Firewall? Any conflicts?
Here's an idea for you: install Comodo Cloud Antivirus (CCAV) on top of KIS, and disable the AV component of CCAV. You will have all the benefits of KIS, plus the famous Comodo autosandbox feature. I have tried this combo, and it works.

Prayag

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
Here's an idea for you: install COMODO Cloud Antivirus (CCAV) on top of KIS, and disable the AV component of CCAV. You will have all the benefits of KIS, plus the famous COMODO autosandbox feature. I have tried this combo, and it works.
nice suggestion.

abdou17

Level 2
Verified
May 3, 2013
I have tried this combo KAV+CFW and no conflict but there are better Free Av with more features then Kav to use with CFW, like @shmu26 said KAV is a tiger without teeth
My vote : Kespersky Internet Security

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Comodo FW is a buggy, useless and slow mess. From my usage it pretty much is in conflict with everything. Would say keep with Kaspersky IS or AV alone. Either use Kaspersky's or Windows Firewall and you'd be safe. (Maybe add an on demand scanner such as Zemana.)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Here's an idea for you: install COMODO Cloud Antivirus (CCAV) on top of KIS, and disable the AV component of CCAV. You will have all the benefits of KIS, plus the famous COMODO autosandbox feature. I have tried this combo, and it works.
In addition, CCAV allows you to run your browser in sandbox, sort of like Sandboxie.

Artificial intelligence

Level 1
Verified
Mar 20, 2017
Last edited:

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Hello I currently use KTS with CFW, and I notify you that I have no conflict between them both. In CFW the rules are @cruelsister (Proactive Security and others, not in Firewall) - (Firewall: Custom Set of Rules, Automatic Containment: Enabled, HIPS: Disabled, VirusScope: Disabled, Website Filter: Enabled). In KTS How to setup Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 for Maximum Protection (Guide) and Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 Recommended Settings plus my custom rules.
I did this too initially (w/CS's CF settings). But each time a program failed to launch/run properly, figuring out whether CF or KTS interfered (sometimes both) and needed to be tweaked was tiresome. In the end I dumped CF. I'm glad that is working for you, but I lost interest.

Reactions: Arin and AtlBo

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Here's an idea for you: install Comodo Cloud Antivirus (CCAV) on top of KIS, and disable the AV component of CCAV. You will have all the benefits of KIS, plus the famous Comodo autosandbox feature. I have tried this combo, and it works.
Why not just install CFW and KFA. You get the firewall and containment from CFW and then KFA sigs and web scanner. No need to add CCAV.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I did this too initially (w/CS's CF settings). But each time a program failed to launch/run properly, figuring out whether CF or KTS interfered (sometimes both) and needed to be tweaked was tiresome. In the end I dumped CF. I'm glad that is working for you, but I lost interest.
Since is thread has bounced back to life ...an update for me... I reversed course and dumped KTS on all my machines and went back to CF + WD. KTS was too troublesome blocking new installs and providing unclear notifications that left me puzzled. Since then I went to VS but left that too (for now) and am happily using NVT's OSA and ERP.

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Why not just install CFW and KFA. You get the firewall and containment from CFW and then KFA sigs and web scanner. No need to add CCAV.
You could do that. Some users report that the CFW + KFA combo works well for them.
But you won't have Kaspersky Application Control, it is the powerful HIPS component of the paid Kaspersky program, it is the component that really makes Kaspersky shine.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
You could do that. Some users report that the CFW + KFA combo works well for them.
But you won't have Kaspersky Application Control, it is the powerful HIPS component of the paid Kaspersky program, it is the component that really makes Kaspersky shine.
You honestly don't need it if you are using the containment from CFW. Plus you can turn on the HIPS from CFW if needed. Honestly with KFA sigs and web shield and CFW containment you should be more than covered.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Yes, you're right that Kaspersky paid has everything, however the combo CFW + KFA . It's free. And no less sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.