Kaspersky: "Biggest change in whole history of our products..."

AXYZE

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 9, 2020
I just saw post from Kaspersky Lab Poland and in the comments they wrote something interesting...

"W tym roku wersji 2022 jako takiej nie będzie, ponieważ szykujemy coś całkowicie nowego. Będzie to największa zmiana w całej historii naszych produktów dla użytkowników domowych."

Translation:
"In this year there wont be 2022 version as such, because we are preparing something completely new. It will be biggest change in whole history of our products for home users."

Source:

I didn't looked into their beta's lately - did anybody saw anything that could be called "completely new" and "biggest change in whole history of our products for home users"?
Some AI/machine learning stuff maybe?

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021

ExecutiveOrder

Level 2
Sep 21, 2021

Also: Kaspersky Basic - Antivirus for Windows PC | Kaspersky

FAQ: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ | Kaspersky Community

ExecutiveOrder

Level 2
Sep 21, 2021
What will be the replacement for Kaspersky Security Cloud Free? It is currently the best Free AV after the discontinuation of Bitdefender Free.
Currently, it seems that we have to wait, no information regarding the free version yet.

The current free version doesn't have an option for support assistance (only community forum available) and it is just like the Basic 2022 version without Application Control, I think two major differences are enough to make the free version feasible for the company to keep providing.

Reactions: Nevi and Dave Russo

RyuSCi6

Level 1
Dec 31, 2019
What will be the replacement for Kaspersky Security Cloud Free? It is currently the best Free AV after the discontinuation of Bitdefender Free.
I rarely use BitDefender Free since the software is somewhat not compatible on my PC. (It makes my PC go frustratingly slow.) But seeing discontinuation of the product feel bad. The database they have is great and BitDefender was my recommendation for install and forget Third-party AV to use rather than Windows Defender. (until it cause problems to their PC)

And seeing Kaspersky going for more simple lineup product description is welcoming. But I like their free Cloud Security -- Simple, Solid and Clutter-free. Will need to findalternatives if they not offer any Free RTP.

Other clutter free AV available --> Sophos Home, Comodo (as far as I have used) --> Graded to be useful than Windows Defender (which was gradually improve in performance and use as standard/baseline for recommending Third-party AVs)
Others are filled with ads and some is severely suffered from ads to the level of scareware e.g. Avast, AVG, +/- Avira.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
It will be kaspersky Free Antivirus

Last edited:

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Kaspersky has always made great software. The best Home AV there is in my opinion.
However, they probably need to consider a rebranding exercise if they are going to stay a global brand. In fact, they might need to sever all ties with Russia and move their HQ and staff to another region. What's going on in the world is not their fault, but the current reality is that many countries don't want to do business with Russian enterprises, or are being prohibted from doing so by their own governments.

Virtuoso

Level 3
Feb 21, 2022
I rarely use BitDefender Free since the software is somewhat not compatible on my PC. (It makes my PC go frustratingly slow.) But seeing discontinuation of the product feel bad. The database they have is great and BitDefender was my recommendation for install and forget Third-party AV to use rather than Windows Defender. (until it cause problems to their PC)

And seeing Kaspersky going for more simple lineup product description is welcoming. But I like their free Cloud Security -- Simple, Solid and Clutter-free. Will need to findalternatives if they not offer any Free RTP.

Other clutter free AV available --> Sophos Home, Comodo (as far as I have used) --> Graded to be useful than Windows Defender (which was gradually improve in performance and use as standard/baseline for recommending Third-party AVs)
Others are filled with ads and some is severely suffered from ads to the level of scareware e.g. Avast, AVG, +/- Avira.

Sophos Free is also discontinued, Both Bitdefender and Sophos discontinued their Free AV's last year within few days of each other. Nice to see that Kaspersky Free will still be available in 2022.

ExecutiveOrder

Level 2
Sep 21, 2021
What's the point? Kaspersky will be booted out by all nations unless they drop all allegiance with Russia.
The point is, this has nothing to do with and the plan is already out since at least weeks before the current situation.
And like the things in 2017 all over again, Kaspersky doesn't have any ties with the Russian government, is not subject to Russian SORM law, and is not obliged to provide information.

Last edited:

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016

ExecutiveOrder

Level 2
Sep 21, 2021

Not sure why the source loads only now. Good to see Kaspersky outside Russia actively helping Ukraine, not just by words.
1647380348697.png

The page (KasperskyLabPolska) needs to add a regional name after "Kaspersky" instead of using a generic name.

• Applause
Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.