Not open for further replies.
P

Polygon

Thread author
Hi

KFA has released in public if i am not mistaken

here are some images

KFA1.PNG

It comes with Kaspersky secure connection(you can remove that if you don,t need that)
and kaspersky protection addon in browser

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Thanks for sharing! Did a quick install, these are the results.
If you translate the website, it lists these features:
sitedetails.PNG
Tried it in a VM. Only 2.3mb download. It's an online installer and it downloads around 165 mb when installing. I was able to download it without a Finnish IP. Installation took around 10 minutes. It does mention KSN in the installer. Site and installer are in Finnish language and I don't understand a single word, but this is what it looks like:
instlaler.PNG installer2.PNG installer3.PNG installer4.PNG
It also installs Kaspersky Secure Connection as a separate product (also in Finnish).
As far as I understand what's mentioned on this screen that appeared after the installation, it requires a Kaspersky account to activate it, but you can click on the back button and then you come into the home screen. In the meantime, it is still dowloading and updating signatures.
login.PNG
On the home screen, there is a scan button and an update button, the rest are not clickable, so it's not included in the free version.
home.PNG
The scan menu looks like this:
scan.PNG
Update menu is this:
update.PNG
When you click on the little gear icon on the bottom of the program, there are the settings. As I already said, I don't speak finnish, but people that are familiar with the paid version, might understand some of the images used in the settings. If people speak Finnish, feel free to tell us more what they offer here. I think there is no languague setting here, but I'm just guessing due to the for me unknown language.
settings1.PNG settings2.PNG settings3.PNG settings4.PNG settings5.PNG
The program also offer a right click scan on files.
right click scan.PNG
In the task bar, it shows these settings:
right click.PNG

I didn't look at it any further and did no malware test,because I can't understand it, but it looks interesting and it seems it's using the same up-to-date engine as the paid one at first sight.

P

Polygon

Thread author
How to get the english version? Thanks
I think it will release
Thanks for sharing! Did a quick install, these are the results.
If you translate the website, it lists these features:
Tried it in a VM. Only 2.3mb download. It's an online installer and it downloads around 165 mb when installing. I was able to download it without a Finnish IP. Installation took around 10 minutes. It does mention KSN in the installer. Site and installer are in Finnish language and I don't understand a single word, but this is what it looks like:
It also installs Kaspersky Secure Connection as a separate product (also in Finnish).
As far as I understand what's mentioned on this screen that appeared after the installation, it requires a Kaspersky account to activate it, but you can click on the back button and then you come into the home screen. In the meantime, it is still dowloading and updating signatures.
On the home screen, there is a scan button and an update button, the rest are not clickable, so it's not included in the free version.
The scan menu looks like this:
Update menu is this:
When you click on the little gear icon on the bottom of the program, there are the settings. As I already said, I don't speak finnish, but people that are familiar with the paid version, might understand some of the images used in the settings. If people speak Finnish, feel free to tell us more what they offer here. I think there is no languague setting here, but I'm just guessing due to the for me unknown language.
The program also offer a right click scan on files.
In the task bar, it shows these settings:

I didn't look at it any further and did no malware test,because I can't understand it, but it looks interesting and it seems it's using the same up-to-date engine as the paid one at first sight.
Ok,Thanks

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
in summary, Kaspersky free has:
- signatures
- KSN

What is missing:
- SYSTEM WATCHER => enough reason not to use this product
- (Application control)

=> no module for zero-day protection. A different avira :D

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Yes,but system watcher comes with KARW and they work together without issue,when i tested in VM
system watcher in KARW is a trimmed down version of KIS's system watcher. I tested it, it missed a lot of samples :( may be it's no longer updated because the beta period is over (31/12/2016)
KIS's SW only missed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.