Kaspersky Free Antivirus 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

idaho

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
It's about time they released a free version, now we have to wait and see if other vendors like ESET, Emsisoft and Symantec (Norton) follow with it too.
Be honest, I dont see any reason for why Emsisoft should released FREE version of their paid products. Price is set very fair and loyality bonus for long time users. Final point is, that Emsisoft has product called Emergency Kit for FREE https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/.

W

Wave

Thread author
Be honest, I dont see any reason for why Emsisoft should released FREE version of their paid products. Price is set very fair and loyality bonus for long time users. Final point is, that Emsisoft has product called Emergency Kit for FREE Emsisoft | Emergency Kit: Free Portable Malware Scan and Removal.
I don't think they should release a free version either, they are a small development team compared to vendors like Avast and they need money to support all their resources, and they do tons of work which they don't even need to do (for free), such as focus on decryption tools for new ransomware threats.

However, I didn't say that they should release a free version, I said we have to wait and see if other vendors follow this movement also. It would also be beneficial though, since people may use the Free version and then like it enough to upgrade, so it's a good marketing strategy to improve the popularity.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
ok,KAV tested and it detected same amount of malwares by scan(Maximum settings also used in file antivirus!)

and leftover files was blocked by PDM and system wacther

after advanced virus disinfect and system repair all was Ok and system was clean

Nice, good to see that the paid version definitely has it's benefits compared to the free version unlike some AVs

P

Polygon

Thread author
It is because of people not able to get the English version of Kaspersky Free make them feel Kaspersky free so special and wanted. Actually Kaspersky free another quality anti virus. Bitdefender Free is equally capable as Kaspersky free if not more effective. BDs web filtering is pretty strong.

Yes I do wanna see Kaspersky free a worldwide release to give Avast/AVG a tough competition. Avast these days are arrogant and behaves like "whether you use our free anti virus or not we just don't care deal with it" like approach.
Do you think that Panda free can perform better (in terms of protection) than KFA?

and i thought that the KSN is behavior cloud that analyse unkown files and suspicious processes in clients? Like avira

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Werderforever

Level 1
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
You have installed Kaspersky Free and Kaspersky Ransomware at the same time? When I try to install Kaspersky Ransomware, the installation aborted, because Kaspersky Free is installed.

Can sombody try this? Polygon has said, that KFA and KARW are working at the same time:
Polygon said:
KFA+CF+KARW worked fine in VM windows 10 64 bit system

and i rebooted many times

but i think that CF+KFA will be enough

On my PC, the installation of KARW aborted, because Kaspersky Free is installed.

P

Polygon

Thread author
Can sombody try this? Polygon has said, that KFA and KARW are working at the same time:
Polygon said:
KFA+CF+KARW worked fine in VM windows 10 64 bit system

and i rebooted many times

but i think that CF+KFA will be enough

On my PC, the installation of KARW aborted, because Kaspersky Free is installed.
I think i installed KARW first, before KFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.