Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 - A almost perfect suite ( Review )

How would you rate Kaspersky Internet Security 2012?

• 5 Stars (Excellent)

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • 4 Stars (Very good)

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • 3 Stars (Good)

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • 2 Stars (Fair)

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 1 Star (Poor)

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never tried this product.

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Most recent video test on Youtube on KIS 2012
Uploaded by Pokerwaffle on Feb 4, 2012

Last edited:

ranget

Dec 8, 2011
easy 3 star

it's good and very good but i don't think it will get more than 3
in my opinion no security suite these days take more than 3

RDTatel

Jan 1, 2012
The bad thing about it is that the antivirus slow down your PC, you can even play games like "Battle field 3 "
but the protection is good !

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
No slow downs for me. I like the customisation of the settings/options, its a big plus for me!

I

illumination

KIS is an excellent suite. Like most, it is most effective when "tweaked" some as opposed to being in stock configuration.

Roti

Feb 6, 2012
Kaspersky is one of most overrated security products besides norton. I've used almost every antivirus existed on this planet, and there are many of them which outperform kaspersky. I'm a previous kaspersky user, and I switched to different antivirus programs just to found out the truth.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
Roti said:
Kaspersky is one of most overrated security products besides norton. I've used almost every antivirus existed on this planet, and there are many of them which outperform kaspersky. I'm a previous kaspersky user, and I switched to different antivirus programs just to found out the truth.

Really Such as??

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Over all I think that Kaspersky is a great suite. One thing that I think that separates it from other IS suites is that it has excellent white-list for HIPS.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 as protection, and today I've stumbled upon a malware sample (Smart Protection 2012) which I've managed to install just fine despite the many security layers.
The threat in question is a zero day malware attack and of course like most vendors Kaspesky doesn't have signatures for it. This could have easily been prevented if any of the following components would have been more sensitive.

1. Application Control/Heuristic Engine ... Which detected a strange behavior in this have threat when it tried to connect to internet to download some more malware but didn't actually stop the installation process.Forther more the application was putted in the Low Restricted Group.

4DiSe.jpg

JDbgJ.png

2. System Watcher (Kaspersky Behavior Blocker) - which did not show any alerts that might have suggested that this fake av is dangerous.

3.Kaspersky File Advisor - which works purely at an on-demand request. This file was not seen in the community before , it has less than 10 users and it's never been downloaded before, and still Kaspersky didn't not try to stop me.
XwNw9.png

Conclusion: None of the multiple zero day protection layers didn't work in this case , which resulted in a Smart Protection 2012 infection.

qNvJJ.jpg

Roti

Feb 6, 2012
Speaking as a casual computer user with decent specs and internet speed, VIPRE suits me best.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Kaspersky known to have bundled with useful features and complex configuration thus most novice users could not take time to configure it which the power came from configured setting preferences.

For advance users then KIS is the choice as they can explore more useful features for experimentation.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
ranget said:
i think it's Good not alot of user decision
A few years ago Kaspersky was really a suites for the geeks but now it has become very user friendly...Of course this 'easy to use' feature came with the sacrifice of level of protection.......

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I never tried this product. Once my friend give me an license to this software but something was wrong and I can not install it.

But I know that when You want install this software You must uninstall McAfee Site Advisor- I don't know why.

Sometimes I scan my system using free Kaspersky scanner but it take to long.

Roti

Feb 6, 2012
I used Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 before, had several malware infections and asked me to reboot after cleaning process have completed and after restarting the system all I got is a constant BSOD with no solution other than installing new windows. Luckily I managed to get into system restore using windows installation disc. So I uninstalled KIS and switched to different antivirus.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
There is one major drawbacks of Kaspersky besides a resource hog. In stock settings any app with a digital signature gets trusted including viruses. But if this option is unticked it may prevent normal apps from running. Whenever a pendrive is inserted I allow Kaspersky to scan it but the point is Kaspersky keeps on popping alerts to remove threats. Instead it can show the results at the end. Also sometimes a threat is wiped out and the only option naturally KIS gives is to skip the threat. This may confuse novices that Kaspersky has not removed the threat. Also another major point is that Kaspersky prevents MBAM from detecting viruses and I have to disable Kaspersky temporarily to scan my PD and it can affect my security. So have ditched KAspersky for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.