Not open for further replies.

Anurag Kuradia

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 17, 2014
Unstitled.png

After installing the new update during Installation i notice new change on resources.
:confused::eek::eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Anyone else also notices this
Untisssssstled.png

Reactions: omidomi
R

rocky

I believe it is getting better all along. I know it is running a lot lighter no than the first week I had it installed. But my version is still 15.0.0.463(a).

FlimFlam

Level 1
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Seems some AV's do decrease in CPU usage over time.I know when I first installed Emsisoft Anti-malware 9 my CPU would hover around 130,000 k. Now,a month later it varies between 65,000 to 70,000 k.

Reactions: Anurag Kuradia
R

rocky

I don't get too excited on usage numbers anymore. I have used programs that by numbers were very light but the system felt like it was lugging and some are heavier and you keep looking to make sure they are working the system just feels to responsive. This is the first time I tried Kaspersky and it has really been a pleasant surprise. It has change my attitude towards security suites. I sure there are some I haven't tried would do the same thing , but this is my experience.

SoundJudgment

Jul 10, 2014
Also keep in mind that when a modern AV program is chewing up 200-300 Megs of RAM when sitting idle, it is most likely because they are keeping their Virus-Signatures loaded up in RAM for quicker access. Some of them play System 'tricks' to hide those signatures out on the Disk somewhere when not needed, and hence that drops the reported-usage to a much lower figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.