JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I'm looking at KIS 2017 and I'm planning to try it.
Is KIS 2017 compatible with MBAM Premium real time +MBAE ?
Is KIS 2017 compatible with HMPA ?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hello,
I'm looking at KIS 2017 and I'm planning to try it.
Is KIS 2017 compatible with MBAM Premium real time +MBAE ?
Is KIS 2017 compatible with HMPA ?
you dont need to pair KIS with MBAM and you dont need MBAE also because kaspersky already has anti-exploit feature and it works
the only thing I think MBAM is better than KIS is anti-PUP. KIS is not really good at this I think but now it is improved not sure if this is still applied anymore
KIS 2017 is compatible with HMPA, now patch B is already out so compatibility with windows 10 and other softwares should be improved

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I think there will be problems when KIS is paired with MBAM. I noticed that removing MBAM, if there is one, is always one of the things that Kaspersky forum moderators highly recommend when complainers encounter weird things on their computers.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
To avoid issues I would disable resident protection (only for on demand scanning as a second opinion scanner), but this way You should use MBAM Free :)

You could also use MBAE Free, should be enough to protect some browsers that Kaspersky probably don't support for example with Secure Data Input and others features...

Currently I have no HMP.A in my system, but other users say is working fine with KIS2017...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks @Xhen and @shmu26 :)
But is it really useful to associate HMPA with KIS 2017 for enhancing the protection ?
a test was posted here on MT not too long ago, where the tester ran malware samples against Kaspersky+HMPA, just to evaluate the behavior blocking alone. For this purpose, he turned off Kaspersky virus detection.
If I remember right, Kaspersky stopped the first 4 samples, and HMPA stopped the 5th.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
a test was posted here on MT not too long ago, where the tester ran malware samples against Kaspersky+HMPA, just to evaluate the behavior blocking alone. For this purpose, he turned off Kaspersky virus detection.
If I remember right, Kaspersky stopped the first 4 samples, and HMPA stopped the 5th.

Thanks @shmu26 :)
I remember this thread, but I cannot find it:confused:

Reactions: shukla44 and XhenEd

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
maybe the tester will see this post, and link us to it.
In any case, I know that Harlan has used this combo a lot -- he is our resident Kaspersky guru.

Reactions: shukla44 and XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.