Battle Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 vs Comodo Internet Security 8?

H

hjlbx

Both can be configured for default-deny; so either one will work equally well in this regard.

If you want to create a lot of complicated rules, then I would wait until COMODO announces a fix for the "disappearing rules" bug.

However, it is free - and the sandbox can be configured to be default-deny - or you can just run with the auto-sandbox.

Personally, of the two, I favor COMODO - as I had better results with it on my specific systems.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I imagine we are talking about Comodo Internet Security & Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 or 2017 ?
Other should be removed as a poll option if you are only comparing the two.
You can edit the poll title and choices to be more specific.
I think you would be well served to remain with Kaspersky.
You could always take Comodo for a spin in a VM.
Comodo requires some effort on the users part more than some might want to do.

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
I imagine we are talking about Comodo Internet Security & Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 or 2017 ?
Other should be removed as a poll option if you are only comparing the two.
You can edit the poll title and choices to be more specific.
I think you would be well served to remain with Kaspersky.
You could always take Comodo for a spin in a VM.
Comodo requires some effort on the users part more than some might want to do.
I had other just in case there's something better than the 2

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
Take note of the "current bug" in Comodo. I would avoid it for now until that get fixed.
So my suggestion is keep Kaspersky as of now.

Why do you wanted to change Kaspersky?
And you licence is about to end, so you are looking for an other alternative ?
No, but I don't mind switching right now. My license ends in a month.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
No, but I don't mind switching right now. My license ends in a month.
Then your in a position to try Comodo Internet Security.Nothing wrong with trying out another product.
There quite a few good products but it is difficult to make any decisions based on other members preferences.
Comodo is free,that is one advantage.Trying it will let you know if it is a good fit for you and your machine.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I'd voted "other" because I presently also happen to to be using a trio of products under the "other" category, Emsisoft I.S., Voodoo Shield Beta, and Zemana Anti-logger; but I went back, & changed my selection to "Comodo", instead, simply because you seem clearly prepared for a very "Comodo" Quest!:p:D Comodo was, in fact, the final AV/Firewall combo I'd used for our XP back in 2014. It was light, very confidence inspiring, and it's Auto Sandbox just made it that much more complete and satisfyingly secure!:D

You've nothing to lose as you'll come to decide for yourself which one you will ultimately prefer on your system.
Have a nice flight!;)

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I'd voted "other" because I presently also happen to to be using a trio of products under the "other" category, Emsisoft I.S., Voodoo Shield Beta, and Zemana Anti-logger; but I went back, & changed my selection to "Comodo", instead, simply because your seem clearly prepared for a very "Comodo" Quest!:p:D Comodo was, in fact, the final AV/Firewall combo I'd used for our XP back in 2014. It was light, very confidence inspiring, and it's Auto Sandbox just made it that much more complete and satisfyingly secure!:D

You've nothing to lose as you'll come to decide for yourself which one you will ultimately prefer on our system.
Have a nice flight!;)
I second every word of this ;)

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
You're well served with either product, but, for protection as in prevention alone I personally would choose Comodo. However, You can configure both and either one will serve you well. The only real advantage I see with KIS is detection as well as prevention once configured correctly. Running Comodo Internet security with Zemana is a rock solid setup in my opinion though so I'd go with that. I really like CIS and KIS though and don't think you could go wrong with either.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.