Inexperienced users
Experienced users
Device is shared by family members
Banking or other financial activity
Gamers
Overall Rating
5.00 star(s)
Disclaimer

Any views or opinions expressed are that of the member giving the information and may be subjective.
This software may behave differently on your device.

We encourage you to compare these opinions with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
Before buying a product you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Robbie

Level 30
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Tester
I agree installation can be worked better. Despite it's easy, it usually takes a bit to end. And scans as well can be tedious compared to other solutions, specially when you select to give option to decide on new threats, many times it pops up a notification for you to decide, and if you're not there the scan is just paused.

poirotz

Level 1
Verified
Like you motox781 ,I've tried most antivirus and firewalls since the year 2000 (that was the year I erased the heaviest AV of all times-Norton-in favour of the lean and quick AVG) and I agree with your judgement of Kaspersky.
I ran my main pc for a couple of years without any AV, relying only on hardening the OS and a double virtualisation of Shadow Defender plus Sandboxie or SD + VirtualBox with frequent imaging and i was lucky enough to suffer no damage at all.
I could have persevered along this (Umbra) line , but two years ago I decided to try KIS -for fun and a change and for fear of ransomware as well- and I never repented of this choice: AV is top and Behaviour Blocker absolutely great, so all considered I think I'm better off now than when running without an AV.
I didnt get anything bad before as in these two years with KIS, but now i feel more secure.
The program works perfectly and it has no problems to run alongside ShadowDefender,Sandboxie and NVT exe Radar pro.
Only negative remark for me: Web AV perceptibly slows down opening windows, so i've disabled this feature which i dont need anyway with Sandboxie.
Considering you can find incredible bargains for renewal online,its well worth using.

DDE_Server

Level 16
Verified
Like you motox781 ,I've tried most antivirus and firewalls since the year 2000 (that was the year I erased the heaviest AV of all times-Norton-in favour of the lean and quick AVG) and I agree with your judgement of Kaspersky.
I ran my main pc for a couple of years without any AV, relying only on hardening the OS and a double virtualisation of Shadow Defender plus Sandboxie or SD + VirtualBox with frequent imaging and i was lucky enough to suffer no damage at all.
I could have persevered along this (Umbra) line , but two years ago I decided to try KIS -for fun and a change and for fear of ransomware as well- and I never repented of this choice: AV is top and Behaviour Blocker absolutely great, so all considered I think I'm better off now than when running without an AV.
I didnt get anything bad before as in these two years with KIS, but now i feel more secure.
The program works perfectly and it has no problems to run alongside ShadowDefender,Sandboxie and NVT exe Radar pro.
Only negative remark for me: Web AV perceptibly slows down opening windows, so i've disabled this feature which i dont need anyway with Sandboxie.
Considering you can find incredible bargains for renewal online,its well worth using.
Where this deals could be found ??