Advice Request Kaspersky is the most awarded antivirus. Do you like it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

What is your opinion of kaspersky products?

• Positive

Votes: 157 86.3%
  • Negative

Votes: 25 13.7%

• Total voters

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
Exclude a Web Site in Kaspersky Home products: Settings -> Protection -> Web AntiVirus -> Advanced Settings -> Configure Trusted URLs

You may also add exclusions to Anti-Banner and Private Browsing modules...

Thanks. I got used to looking for it in the exclude section or similar, where one can enter a file, folder, or URL.

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
wasn't expecting that. KIs is even lighter then ESET
1.JPG

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
wasn't expecting that. KIs is even lighter then ESET
View attachment 202291
that's not everything. In fact, Kaspersky consumes ~410-420MB of RAM in total in my case. I don't trust task manager data because most vendors hide their total real RAM usage. They push it to virtual memory so task manager won't read it
moreover, Kaspersky is not lighter than ESET because kaspersky's scanning speed is very slow/more thorough, which makes it slower than other AVs when running something for the first time

still, it's my favorite AV

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Kaspersky intelligence lies in Roll back.
As a reason fp's from BB are almost nil.
An intelligent solution.
I did roll back the other day to test Mimikatz. Roll back is too aggressive. It disabled Kaspersky kernel hooks and I had to reinstall Kaspersky. What is this saying about Kaspersky that their own antivirus deletes itself.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
I respect your opinion but can I ask you why the fact that K is a Russian company, is a deterrent not to use it?
Please do not consider this as a provocation, just asking :)
I am from Holland and all thats been happening with Russia and the EU lately. + MH17 involvement denial by Russia i will not support anything from Russia. Recently 4 hackers from Rusland have been busted here in Holland.

Predrag Radjenovic

Level 2
Verified
Apr 16, 2016
As we have some #####ups with ESET licenses at work for like 2 weeks already, I asked our admin to put a Kaspersky IS on my notebook as recently I've got a personal license for a bargain. Both him and I agree that until the ESET situation is cleared, it' better to have it than not. It's not a powerful system mind you, QC Core i5, 16GB RAM, etc.

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised:
- This thing is light! - right now it's scanning something in the background and it's less than 150mb RAM and 5% CPU usage. But screw the numbers, Win10 Ent FEELS lighter to work with - opening and closing windows, programs, those little things... just feels snappier than with ESET Endpoint security. The little pic is in the attach...

- Features - I don't need to tell you this, check out the reviews or something. Obviously you can't compare it with the ESET ERA and it's rule-based endpoint control for business environments, but for the home user this thing is granular, I super like it. Especially the update center (updates all there is to update on the machine, and you can exclude stuff also), I love this feature on linux.

To be honest, if I didn't use default-deny solutions and if KIS initial update is faster now, I would use it. I don't see a better home user full suite at the moment.

- @Umbra - I haven't really noticed anything weird with the initial updates (or any other updates for that matter), so I think it's safe to say they fixed this.

Honestly, I think I'll put this on my Windows machine at home and replace Emsisoft and Comodo firewall (I know I can use windows firewall and blah blah, I just prefer the rule creation on Comodo - select folder -> block out/in -> done).

EDIT: the pic

Attachments

• kaspersky-taskm.PNG
    kaspersky-taskm.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 344

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.