Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hey Everyone:

Kaspersky's firewall, even in pubic mode reveals your Mac address, is this a security concern as other firewalls hide it?

Tony :)

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hey Everyone:

Kaspersky's firewall, even in pubic mode reveals your Mac address, is this a security concern as other firewalls hide it?

Tony :)

What is pubic mode :p :D and as per my knowledge that mode is to reveal all :D

Reactions: frogboy

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
You have private, trusted or public mode in Kaspersky's firewall settings

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hahah very funny, I never saw that - my Consultant in charge just told me off for logging on to forums using hospital computers :(:(:(:(

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I am on-call and was browsing the web when he walked in, nothing to worry about he's left for the day :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
KIS determined that your network could be public. In this case, other people in the same network could intercept the network traffic and gain access to sensitive information like passwords. I think you can simply disable the notification if no untrusted people have access to your network. If the network is indeed public you should use secure protocols like HTTPS for transferring sensitive information.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=301535&view=findpost&p=2271146 (post number 12)

http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t304832.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.