Norton 360 for Gamers, Kaspersky Standard

Szellem

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Hello fellow Forum Members.
I'm a big gamer, I play exactly COD. I'm currently using Kaspersky Standard. I have seen that there is an AV for gamers called Norton360 for Gamers. If I switch to Norton gamer antivirus, will I get any major advance or is it completely useless? Or should I stick with the tried and tested Kaspersky that I love? Anyone have any specific experience with the Norton 360 for Gamers edition? Thanks for your advice and help in advance.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Norton 360 includes a bunch of bloatware features, such ones you will never likely use. Read the small print on the Norton 360 for Gamers website.

On top of the following:
  • Real-time Threat Protection
You also get these (bloatware = red*):
*what I consider to be bloatware or unnecessary features for most people.

No sign-ups or account
If I am not mistaken both require a registered account to use, especially for licensed software.

Please correct me if I'm wrong @harlan4096 about Kaspersky Standard.

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Whenever I read "for gamers" I really get suspicious. Lot's of the time it's just a company trying to milk gamers with just putting a shiny "gamer" tag on something.
If you have a good and working backup program just test some AV (if you don't like the AV just rollback) and see which one is the best for you (e.g. Eset is often mentioned to be light).

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
I would try Norton, it is lighter than Kaspersky and if you activate the do not disturb option, it uses extremely few resources.
Note Kaspersky also brings some extra features that are considered "bloadware"
Greetings.
And another thing, the Norton firewall is better than the Kaspersky firewall in my opinion.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Norton is definitely a lot lighter, if not lightest. Bloatware is a term with a sticky description. Just because something is bloatware to someone, doesn’t mean it’s bloatware for everyone. And then again, all AVs pretty much offer the same features.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
I've been using Norton 360 for Gamers for I think a month or two, I like the fact that it's not noticeable on the system at all. For me, it also shows no false positives. Game optimisation probably works to some extent when I have a lot of third party apps running in the background.
Its firewall in aggressive mode is a very good thing. The VPN is extremely average and doesn't support torrents, but it's nice to have in some cases if you don't have a full-fledged VPN. The other additional features are extremely average, but they don't get in the way.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.