Advice Request Kaspersky Scan Encrypted Connections

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I disabled "Scan encrypted connections" in KTS because I have a lifetime copy of Adguard desktop and felt that Adguard was more powerful than the built in Anti-banner and Private browsing (I like Stealth mode in Adguard...Block Push API, WebRTC, Location API, Delete Third Party Cookies after 30 mins). Keeping "scan encrypted connections" ON and having Adguard scan encrypted connection too slowed my browsing. My question is:

1. Anti-banner doesn't block Youtube adds. I've tried selecting the option to "always scan encrypted connections". That didn't work. Any fix for this?

2. I noticed a warning when I turned off "scans encrypted connections". It said URL advisor, Safe Money, and Anti-Banner would not work. I liked and didn't like Safe Money. Sometimes when buying things through Paypal on Amazon, some pages wouldn't load or login correctly. Is disabling this option (scan encrypted connections) reducing my security by a large margin?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
First, there is a known issue with Kaspersky's Scan Encrypted Connections and Adguard's WFP implementation. The official recommendation right now is to disable that HTTPS scanning of Kaspersky, if you want to use both software. You have to wait for the next Adguard version release on February (rough ETA) to have the fix.

Second, Kaspersky's Anti-Banner might be designed not to block Youtube ads. You already have Adguard, so you should use that, instead of Kaspersky's.

Third, you don't have to worry much about disabling Scan Encrypted Connections. As long as you still have the File Anti-Virus, Web Anti-Virus, System Watcher, and other components enabled, then you're good to go.

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
First, there is a known issue with Kaspersky's Scan Encrypted Connections and Adguard's WFP implementation. The official recommendation right now is to disable that HTTPS scanning of Kaspersky, if you want to use both software. You have to wait for the next Adguard version release on February (rough ETA) to have the fix.

Second, Kaspersky's Anti-Banner might be designed not to block Youtube ads. You already have Adguard, so you should use that, instead of Kaspersky's.

Third, you don't have to worry much about disabling Scan Encrypted Connections. As long as you still have the File Anti-Virus, Web Anti-Virus, System Watcher, and other components enabled, then you're good to go.

Thanks!

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
Yeah but who do you trust to give you better security? Kaspersky or Adguard? My vote goes to Kaspersky every time.
yes, you are right but as the OP mentioned before if you have all the components on, then you are good to go, in any case if any bad url manage to get thru and download something then KIS may handle the situation by other means (modules)

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I think that Kaspersky Anti-Banner and Private Browsing works well, but it doesn't block Youtube + it doesn't offer advance features. My question was pertaining to disabling encrypted connections, but adding Adguard desktop to handle the rest.

I'm looking for opinions on why I shouldn't' do the above ^.

Thanks!

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I think that Kaspersky Anti-Banner and Private Browsing works well, but it doesn't block Youtube + it doesn't offer advance features. My question was pertaining to disabling encrypted connections, but adding Adguard desktop to handle the rest.

I'm looking for opinions on why I shouldn't' do the above ^.

Thanks!
Like I said, you can't enable Kaspersky's encrypted scanning if Adguard is installed because they are currently incompatible. You have to wait for the next stable release of Adguard to be able to use both. :)

Adguard - Ad Blocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.