Advice Request Kaspersky Secure Data Input questions

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Kaspersky Secure Data Input. Does it record your password or no? I know it is supposed to prevent keylogger software to keylog your password, but does the Secure Data Input record your password?

What about the on screen keyboard? Does it record your password?

Reactions: Weebarra

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I don't think so... both features just encrypt the data, also SDI only supports main browsers (Google, Mozilla, IE...)

From K2017, but still valid to newer versions: Secure Data Input in Kaspersky Internet Security 2017

Hum... this question is how to ask: do all the applications where We type passwords, record them? :emoji_expressionless:
Kaspersky has no interests in your credentials.

Kaspersky cannot protect if you, if you enter data into a compromised website or phishing login.

Thanks for the information. I just want to let you guys know that KIS 19.0.0.1088(C) is incompatible with Windscribe VPN. Windscribe VPN doesn't work at all.

Reactions: Weebarra

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
It's working for me without any hiccup.
Try reinstalling both of them.
Does your Windscribe IKEv2 network driver able to run? Mine can't run with Kaspersky.

Before KIS install
Before KIS 2019 install with VPN on.png

After KIS install
After KIS 2019 install with VPN on.png
After KIS 2019 install with VPN on.png

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Yep Mine is working just fine infact kaspersky isn't even detecting windscribe as a threat in my system so no need for me to add it into exclusions. Does kaspersky have different malware signatures for different regions?

Kaspersky doesn't detect Windscribe as a threat. I set Windscribe as trusted in Kaspersky protection modules and it still interfered with the VPN. Unfortunately, Kaspersky tech support is a joke to me. 8 days and they still haven't replied to my ticket.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Kaspersky support may be not so good/fast depending on the country regions, that's a reality...
Berny is one of the Kaspersky forum moderator. It is me SloppyMcFloppy on Kaspersky forum. To sum it up, trial Kaspersky is like Kaspersky Free. No customer support.
Screenshot_51.png

This is my reaction to this moderator comment. This is probably why they haven't replied to my ticket for 8 days now. A big disappointed to Kaspersky.
Screenshot_48.png

Reactions: Moonhorse

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Yeah I know Berny, and also know Your thread there (I guessed it was You)...

About the absence of Support of KFA and trial versions, this is known...

A big disappointed to Kaspersky. I thought Kaspersky is much better than Bitdefender when it comes to support. :emoji_expressionless::cautious:

Reactions: upnorth
E

Eddie Morra

If they don't care about trial users why would anyone buy a product?
They already have a lot of premium customers and you can be sure that this will lead to a lot of customer support requests alone, so they will have less-resources for free customers, especially given the current circumstances they are in (e.g. they've probably just lost a lot of revenue because of various government drops, etc.).

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
I understand they don't offer support for people that use kaspersky free. But if someone try trial version that could mean person want to test software before buy it. So i believe they should offer some support in this case.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Free always comes with no support.

But trial products should get a support because these users are trying out the software to make the decision whether it is worth buying or not. To hear Kaspersky drop trial products support mean they are greedy for money. You don't pay? You don't get support and that is the message I get from my case here.

I like Kaspersky, but to hear they drop trial products support mean I will not buying their premium products.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Secure Data Input keeps on breaking for me. It works for the first few days but after that it just stops working in any browser. Does anyone else have this problem? Restarting the AV, the browser or computer doesn't make a difference. I really think that it's simply no longer compatible with the newer browsers due to its hooks.
It used to show this:
kis2018_13638_0113-402400.png

But after a while it's no longer showing it. This AV is buggy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Divine_Barakah
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.