Advice Request Kaspersky Secure Data Input questions

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Update: Tested it further.
Secure Data Input works in Edge and Firefox.
Secure Data Input does not work in Chrome or when I enable containers for Firefox.

So the issue is the containers and strict site isolation. It seems Kaspersky is unable to inject their code to protect the password fields which is actually good news. If my AV can't inject code there, then malware can't either. But I contacted Kaspersky technical support to confirm for sure that it's due to App Containers.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Update, yes it's an issue with Chrome due to Google being aggressively opposed to 3rd party injection (that's a good thing btw).

Annotation 2018-12-20 142705.jpg

I'm not worried since Chrome's environment already has its own AV built in run by Eset.
Google Chrome Cleanup. Now powered by ESET

Reactions: harlan4096
L

Local Host

Update: Tested it further.
Secure Data Input works in Edge and Firefox.
Secure Data Input does not work in Chrome or when I enable containers for Firefox.

So the issue is the containers and strict site isolation. It seems Kaspersky is unable to inject their code to protect the password fields which is actually good news. If my AV can't inject code there, then malware can't either. But I contacted Kaspersky technical support to confirm for sure that it's due to App Containers.
Google disagrees it's more secure, then again they control the browser market and can do whatever they want, there's no user choice...

Another reason I want more browsers outside the Chromium base, Google is currently affecting and controlling the web standards which is bad (forcing everyone to switch to Chromium), when IE had the majorly of the market Microsoft wasn't controlling the web standards (in fact IE had problems in a few websites).

What Google is doing to the Browser Market, is not much different to what NVidia is doing to the PC Gaming Market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.