Kaspersky TDSSKiller updated to v.2.7.10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
RE: Kaspersky TDSSKiller updated to v.2.7.9.0

I've never had luck with this utility. It will find the threats, claim to remove / cure the threats. Restart the infected PC and the threats are back. You can scan > remove / cure > restart as much as you want the threats aren't removed / cured at all and keep returning. Managed to stop this using Comodo Autostarts.

This wasn't just on one occasion or the same PC, I've had this happen across a few PC's. I only use TDSSKiller to tell me the location of the threat now as the removal options don't work.

Hitman Pro has become my number one Rootkit remover, works every time.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011

MrXidus said:
I've never had luck with this utility. It will find the threats, claim to remove / cure the threats. Restart the infected PC and the threats are back. You can scan > remove > restart as much as you want the threats aren't removed at all and keep returning. Managed to stop this using Comodo Autostarts.

This wasn't just on one occasion or the same PC, I've had this happen across a few PC's. I only use TDSSKiller to tell me the location of the threat now as the removal options don't work.

Hitman Pro has become my number one Rootkit remover, works every time.

As with most removal tools, run them in Windows Safe Mode in order to get their full potential.
In Safe Mode, most malicious processes can not run, because you don't have to worry about having to kill them or your removal having problems deleting an active process.

I always run removal tools in Windows Safe Mode, it is much faster to cleanup a highly infected system.

Thanks.:D

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011

I tried that, When entering safe mode and it starts loading only necessary drivers for safe mode, It will often freeze and the screen turns black, Waited 15 minutes and nothing happens.

I find this typical with rootkits I deal with these days, preventing safe mode from starting.

Hitman Pro however has a mode where it will remove threats before Windows boots-up. This has always worked with which ever rootkit it finds.

You can see Hitman Pro - Boot Time Removal here. http://goo.gl/g79we / Video http://goo.gl/7M9gS

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011

MrXidus said:
I tried that, When entering safe mode and it starts loading only necessary drivers for safe mode, It will often freeze and the screen turns black, Waited 15 minutes and nothing happens.

I find this typical with rootkits I deal with these days, preventing safe mode from starting.

Hitman Pro however has a mode where it will remove threats before Windows boots-up. This has always worked with which ever rootkit it finds.

You can see Hitman Pro - Boot Time Removal here. http://goo.gl/g79we / Video http://goo.gl/7M9gS

Some rootkits require Live CD boot disks or portable boot devices to remove them.
That's why when Windows won't boot into Safe Mode, I use SARDU to make a boot device usually Gdata Live Boot Disk will remove most rootkits, if not one of the others will. You can make a CD or portable boot device with all of the Live CD's (AVG Rescue, Avira Rescue System, BitDefender Live CD, Dr. Web LiveCD, F-Secure, Kaspersky, and many more.)

I agree that Hitman Pro is really an excellent product if you want to buy a good product, but if you choose the freeware route SARDU is the answer.

Thanks.:D

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011

If the system is bootable and stable enough I will attempt to run ON-D scans with various products such as MBAM, HMP.

In the case of a very nasty piece of rootkit, ransom or infection I do infact use SARDU and have been for over 2 years now. Lovely tool.

Thread of mine related, You can see my chosen tools for SARDU. http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Do-you-use-SARDU?

Thanks.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011

2.7.10.0 is now available.

TDSSKiller Page

kasperskytdsskiller2710.png

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011

Updated, thanks!

Ayanami

Jan 14, 2012
ftp://SLArchive-ro:vOs1onEcsM@data6.kaspersky-labs.com/Utilities/TDSSKiller/TDSSKiller.exe

2.7.12.0 will be available on support.kaspersky.com tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.