Battle Kaspersky TS 2018 vs. Bitdefender TS 2018

LouisBastor

Thread author
Feb 9, 2018
Newbie MalwareTips member greetings to all from Finland!

My 5 device subscription of Bitdefender TS (2017/2018) is expiring in 18 days. I've been quite satisfied with the product during the past year (been also using free VoodooShield for about last 4 or 5 months with Bitdefender). I use Bitdefender with my Windows 10 desktop, laptop and with three android devices (two smartphones and a one tablet).

As said, while being satisfied with the performance of Bitdefender I've started to think of changing to Kaspersky 2018 TS for the next year - mainly because of good reviews in this forum (see for example: Help Me Decide - Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 vs BitDefender Internet Security 2018 ; Help Me Decide - Internet/Total Security Suite of the Year 2017 [Poll Thread] ) and elsewhere.

I reckon that both of these products are quite sufficient for my own use. (I have also tried Kaspersky trial version in the past with fond memories.)

The crucial question, I guess, is "money-advantage-ratio". I would get my Bitdefender subscription renewed, for example, for 30 euros (5 devices/1 year) whereas Kaspersky TS 2018 seems to cost way more, i.e. like twice the price.

So according to You esteemed fellow members of malwaretips.com, what would be Your take on this. Would You recommend BD TS 2018 or Kaspersky TS 2018 (for example, is Kaspersky worth paying twice the price of BD, and if, WHY?)?

Thank You!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.