Kaspersky Update Utility 4.2

Kaspersky
9 Replies 1,706 Views

harlan4096

Super Moderator
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Forum Veteran
Kaspersky Update Utility 4.2 for Windows and Linux was released on July 10, 2025. Full version number is 4.2.0.1432.

What's new
  • Added support for the Astra Linux operating system, including operation in the closed software environment mode.
  • Added the ability to specify the path to a shared folder from which the configuration file with an update request will be automatically uploaded.
  • Improved security and fault tolerance of the utility.
 
WoW this tool still exist? Back in the day there was an option to change update source in the Kaspersky UI and select the folder with the update that you downloaded using the update utility. Does this option to change source to a local folder still exist in Kaspersky home products? I thought it's gone.
 
1752855501752.png1752855568362.png1752855615144.png1752855661933.png
 
View attachment 289685

Yes, If not, this tool would not make sense...

Current version 21.21... but 21.22 already in RC, so soon final.
Oh, I see. I missed it. I thought the utility was mainly enterprise focused now. Good to know that it still works for home products. Avira is another product who also provide an update tool. Don't know if anyone else does anymore.
 
Probably using a VPN...
Yesterday, K. Standard displayed a pop-up notification saying that there was a new version of WinRAR available and asked me if I wanted to update. I clicked on update and K updated WinRAR to the latest version, 7.13. Then I went to the manufacturer's website to check the version, and it was correct. ;) I like this feature in K. (y)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top