App Review Kaspersky vs Bitdefender | Tested vs Malware (TPSC)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

icerulez

Level 2
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
There is a problem on left side i believe. The wmare core and powershell using %15 to %50 cpu usage. The right side there is non. why is that ? :emoji_hushed:

• Wow
Reactions: ZeroDay and Umar.18

Threadripper

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
I used Bitdefender recently for 30 days and my god, it was heavy, bloated, settings randomly reset themselves, waking from sleep froze my PC entirely and I recall needing to turn on and off my PC several times to get past the Windows login screen on one occasion.

This all happened when I was using Bitdefender, and stopped once it was gone. I did run sfc /scannow and it's a pretty powerful gaming PC with an M.2 - it really should be called Bugdefender. No issues before using it, and none after.

elquenunca

Level 3
Verified
Dec 23, 2017
kaspersky I think it is good and consumes few resources
kaspersky has never given me problems
bitdefender is more than good but consumes more resources
bitdefender has never given me problems
I use kaspersky

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
What freak me out about this test is that Kaspersky was defending against the malware coming from the source while Bitdefender went and terminate the source.:emoji_beer:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder was Bitdefender clever or dumb?
That's like going to the dentist for a checkup and he says I have good news and bad news, which you want fist (good news) Ok sir your teeth is good, (so what's the bad news) your gums have to go:emoji_flushed::giggle::giggle:

Last edited:

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Both AV's are good at detection, but Kaspersky learn something about lightness after many years being so heavy.

BitDefender gave me bugs when I tried it. It was a nightmare to start up Windows.

Kaspersky is better optimized.

What freak me out about this test is that Kaspersky was defending against the malware coming from the source while Bitdefender went and terminate the source.:emoji_beer:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder was Bitdefender clever or dumb?
That's like going to the dentist for a checkup and he says I have good news and bad news, which you want fist (good news) Ok sir your teeth is good, (so what's the bad news) your gums have to go:emoji_flushed::giggle::giggle:
Kaspersky does not block Windows process.

beavisviruses

Level 3
Verified
Oct 8, 2018
Both AV's are good at detection, but Kaspersky learn something about lightness after many years being so heavy.

BitDefender gave me bugs when I tried it. It was a nightmare to start up Windows.

Kaspersky is better optimized.

Kaspersky does not block Windows process.
Kaspersky not block what ?

cătălin

Level 1
Verified
Jun 21, 2018
It is not a conclusive test to determine which is "light or heavy". It's about prioritizing processes when software finds and removes threats. An ordinary user may never be in this situation to eliminate hundreds of threats. Under normal usage conditions, BitDefender is under Kaspersky's resource consumption. The fact that BitDefender uses more RAM can be a good thing. Empty RAM is useless - It was also discussed here - Why antivirus uses so much RAM – And why that is actually a good thing!

Add: And when I say "resource consumption" I mean the general impact on the system and not the RAM usage.

jackwilli

Level 3
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
BD is still heavy :(
On system impact it is light but on RAM it is heavy. I used BD on my pentium dual core 2GB RAM laptop for six month. Using 120-140 MB RAM but no delay on programs or anything else. I used total security yeah!!!. Kaspersky slowed down my laptop but on new laptop(i5 with 8 GB RAM) kaspersky is awesome and i haven't tried BD yet.

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
i can not tell which is lighter but i know that both have different weak and strong points. BD is heavier and browsing is a little bit slower i guess

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.