Battle Kaspersky vs Comodo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

COMODO of course :D
+ with removed adware vendors in the Trusted Vendor List
+ trusted malwares :p
+ Hard to configure (who said this I will kill him :D ıt is so easy for me to configure CIS)
+ Automatic Sandbox w/ Fully Virtualized ( which solves the virus/malware problem on the market but ppl still uses other products :D :p )
+ Super Light, Lots of features and FREE :cool:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
COMODO of course :D
+ with removed adware vendors in the Trusted Vendor List
+ trusted malwares :p
+ Hard to configure (who said this I will kill him :D ıt is so easy for me to configure CIS)
+ Automatic Sandbox w/ Fully Virtualized ( which solves the virus/malware problem on the market but ppl still uses other products :D :p )

After using Comodo Antivirus v.7 for over a month i couldn't agree more:)

p.s. Of course Kaspersky is also a very good product.In the end is a matter of choise and if you are willing to spend money on protection;)

Last edited:

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Comodo has a very good firewall...Kaspersky overall beats Comodo.
The ? is if you spend money for your protection?

R

rocky

I was using KIS on both of our computers at home and just switched to Comodo Firewall a month or so ago. Not proud of it but I am letting two KIS licenses sitting idle till they run out. Not that KIS isn't good it's just Comodo is better on all counts for us. I tried to put Kaspersky back on my wife's laptop and she set me straight right now! So I think Comodo is best on all counts you listed plus a couple more. There were two problems with KIS that I never figured out but I'm sure were probably settings I never got right. Both machines you could type something and look up and only half of it would be there and a second later the rest would show up. And things would occasionally not open or download no reason recorded just didn't happen.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
First off i think pitting a pay for program against a free one is a strange choice of battle contenders....!!
This rather depends on the user and what they are happy with and their browsing habits.

I have used both products myself and i think its a hard decision to have to choose one,after all these form of threads are merely an expose of personal opinions.
If they both protect the user from malware then they are both good products and im certainly not going to mislead anyone by merely choosing one product.
A versus B consensus threads are IMHO a waste of time.

Its like most things in life,pick what u like and are comftable with and stick with it.
Its not always a product which sells itself but rather the person behind it.

Take a look at kaspersky and comodo as individual companies and make a decision on the integrity and historical trustworthiness of the mentioned companies and i think in this case kaspersky is a clear ethical winner.
Comodo has been proven to issue certs to malware authors etc in the past and other unethical practices.
From a company perspective i believe kaspersky has a proven track record of integrity and true business ethics.

Thanks.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Free vs. Paid.That kind of throws a wrench in the battle.I like CIS and think it is an excellent free program.It would be tough to find a free suite on the same level as Comodo.KIS is also a great program.I use KIS and have for a long time so that is where my vote went.You really cant go wrong with either one but if price is an issue CIS wins.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Kasper is better because its users paid for it :D So they feel compelled to defend Kaspersky :p
if they paid, the Kasp. is best :p:D

Hating on users that pay for their software needs is completely unnecessary.

In my opinion, Kaspersky offers the product that is more polished and refined. Comodo in all honesty, is a little more on the unrefined side of things.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Two big contenders, personally they have almost same amount of features and protection but again from its popularity, people will choose KIS as its well known AV solution but CIS is for anyone who are savvy to have maximum protection to configure.

R

rocky

I don't have a problem with free vs. paid. Protection is the bottom line no matter free or paid. I don't think anyone says they will settle for less protection just because it's free. If you look at protection there is very little difference. After using both and if the table switched I would pay for Comodo before I would use KIS for free. KIS started out great for us but got aggravating after awhile, cruel sister explained how to configure Comodo Firewall (which is the heartbeat of CIS in my opinion) and it's a keeper for us on family computers. This is a ford chevy thing it's just fun!

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
With the new MR1 for Kaspersky it now features advanced granular setting(s), plus Kaspersky has the infrastructure to deal with new advanced threats and respond quicker than Comodo.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
R

rocky

As far as I could tell the advanced granular settings just made it more similar to what Comodo has been all along. I think after a restart either system will be clean, they just have different strong points to achieve the same result. I have to say though it is really hard to make my wife understand why we paid for two licenses for Kis and are using a free program.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Both are excellent! I use Comodo and my vote goes to him, like him a lot, is not as perfect (none are), but I adapted to it better, I do not think necessary to pay for an antivirus for we have great free choices. If you're willing to pay, I would advise to use a 30 day trial of Kaspersky and use Comodo for 30 days, then make your decision, continue using Comodo with a auto-sandbox, good detection, lightweight, great firewall for free, or buy a license Kaspersky.

PS: Detection is not everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.