Battle Kaspersky vs Webroot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Do we know the OP's system specs, knowledge of software/applications, uses of system..

Everyone now days is quick to comment on their favorites, or what they perceive to be better, but do not take into account the user and the users machine..

@OP think on my first question in this post, and whether or not either or would apply. If you have not used webroot, then take it for a trial run. I am assuming you could always put KIS back on if you do not like webroot correct?

I

illumination

I can be quick to comment cause i have webroot complete 3yr & know fully well what is what, don't care who machine it is on,but i didn't want to go into details about it just handed him some sound advice,but if you want proof i can get that.:D

That is all fine and dandy with your like and knowledge, this is about the OP though, not you. So we can dance the little proof game, or let the OP decide for himself.. :)

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
That is all fine and dandy with your like and knowledge, this is about the OP though, not you. So we can dance the little proof game, or let the OP decide for himself.. :)

B i watch this run on 30 machines everyday buddy & only two are the same, my advice have nothing to do with what i like,it's purely factual B

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
*smiling* I'd most likely trip over my own feet :confused:(or one of my:eek: cats) if I tried '..dancing the little proof game' since I've not been AV adventurous since joining in back in December. I had fortified my (then) XP using both Firewall help & Sandboxie discovery from a number of you whom are here!:cool: There is a great respect & reliance we all draw from each of your differing perspectives and experiences.
Thanks!:D

Last edited:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
You no what troubles me about this forum,coming clean or full blown honesty,i'm a webroot fanboy i follow it for years,& know if there is known problems across the board,what is so f@#ked up about coming clean.I did not tell him not to use it all i said was,
(You like the sound of webroot but you may not like it's actions stick to what u have if it is working for you champ:)),what is so wrong with that?:confused: Webroot has some "issues" that are not in their priority to fix that is what was spoken form them.:confused:

Last edited:
I

illumination

You no what troubles me about this forum,coming clean or full blown honesty,i'm a webroot fanboy i follow it for years,& know if there is known problems across the board,what is so f@#ked up about coming clean.I did not tell him not to use it all i said was,
(You like the sound of webroot but you may not like it's actions stick to what u have if it is working for you champ:)),what is so wrong with that?:confused: Webroot has some "issues" that are not in their priority to fix that is what was spoken form them.:confused:

KIS has been known for its application control to snag legit programs and block them, or keep them from functioning properly. I have a Sony Viao that came brand new out of the box with KIS installed, first problem i had was KIS blocking Sony Viao updating programs.. :rolleyes: Made me wonder why a company would chose that as the shipping AV/suite. In all honesty, almost every av/suite has their own issues from time to time..

Now dont get me wrong, i have used webroot on and off since 2009, so know a little about it, but far from any AV fan boy.. Matter of fact, i recently switched my system over to Linux and i am not even running an AV..

I was trying to point out, that some suites are a little harder for others then they would be for us, and not knowing his skill levels.. at that point, if the OP would not be that knowledgeable a AV such as webroot would be more suiting then KIS.. This all stems back to the users uses and choices as well, as none of these will protect them if the make bad choices. This is what i meant by the dance ;)

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
KIS has been known for its application control to snag legit programs and block them, or keep them from functioning properly. I have a Sony Viao that came brand new out of the box with KIS installed, first problem i had was KIS blocking Sony Viao updating programs.. :rolleyes: Made me wonder why a company would chose that as the shipping AV/suite. In all honesty, almost every av/suite has their own issues from time to time..

Now dont get me wrong, i have used webroot on and off since 2009, so know a little about it, but far from any AV fan boy.. Matter of fact, i recently switched my system over to Linux and i am not even running an AV..

I was trying to point out, that some suites are a little harder for others then they would be for us, and not knowing his skill levels.. at that point, if the OP would not be that knowledgeable a AV such as webroot would be more suiting then KIS.. This all stems back to the users uses and choices as well, as none of these will protect them if the make bad choices. This is what i meant by the dance ;)
True. KIS made something like that in my computer's system.
ESET is doing that too. I can't install a safe and legit program. No sign about the block, but if I include the program in ESET's exclusion list, the program runs fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.