Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Please, correct me if I'm mistaken because I think the Basic AV Law strictly states "Use only one Anti-virus program &/or firewall per system.", but haven't I also read (not wishing to misquote Lord Umbra of the Sith) that Webroot was one of those few Anti-virus programs (..or was that the Webroot Firewall?) that could work compatibly along with certain specific other like programs because Webroot worked differently? (Darn, maybe I'm thinking firewalls rather than AVs..:oops:) :confused:..maybe what I really need is a nap!!!;):p :D

Ulikedat

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
I keep seeying people mentioning how it's compatible with other av's but i can't seem to find a mention of that on their website ...

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
personally I would use KIS, but I know that KIS is a little heavy but it depends on who has what equipment, at the moment I am using Webroot + Premium MBAM and very well working together I have no problems with the system start or no slowdowns open browser pages, and KIS slowing them.
but it is so in my opinion.o_O

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Webroot + Premium MBAM as your choices, it's not wrong choices..but for me much match and suit
if you Also consider to Switch KIS 2014 or KIS 2015 coming soon..Mate with MBAM.

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
The new 2015 version of Kaspersky is very far from being a tank - it is light and unobtrusive and protection-wise it is very good. Actually having in mind the consistent top results of Kaspersky in any test, I don't think the choice is that hard. But if you have a computer with lower specs, then Webroot will be probably a better choice. I like Webroot and have been beta-testing for them for over 2 years but as others I also think their claims should be confirmed by third party testing organisations. Not that tests are a panacea to measuring the real value of a product but still it is a very important aspect. Technologies and claims are good but finding a way to prove them in a test is also important. Otherwise the testing organisations will disappear, losing relevancy and hence - business.

Y

yigido

KIS = Tank (heavy, many weaponry and defenses)
Webroot = Formula 1 (very fast , less weapons)

select your vehicle :D
Yes. Best imagination :D We are not swimming into malwares. If you know what you do or if you need lightness with your games, CAD softwares. Go with WSA :) My opinion. But Kasp.. better

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Even a reputable site can get infected with something. When you do happen to stumble across an infected site, Its how your AV responds that makes all the difference IMO. One well known site checker was green checks. I clicked on a site & whamo I was hit with a Red Alert from my AV that blocked it immediately. Kaspersky IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.