Showcase Kate_L's PC Config

How would you rate Kate_L's system specs?

• 5 Stars (Excellent)

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • 4 Stars (Very Good)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 3 Stars (Good)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Stars (Fair)

• 1 Stars (Poor)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase / Last upgraded
Dec 31, 1969
Estimated $
$2800
OS installed
Windows 10 Pro
Motherboard
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
CPU
Intel i7-6700K Core i7 6th gen Skylake
GPU
GTX 980 Ti 6 GB
RAM
HyperX Fury Black DDR4 16 GB 2666 MHz
Storage
SSD Intel 535 Series 120GB SATA-III
Hard disk WD Blue 1TB SATA-III 7200 RPM 64MB
PSU
Corsair Professional Series Platinum AX860
Case
Silent Base 800 Window Black with Lamptron FlexLight Standard - 24 LEDs - ice blue
Monitor
Monitor LED DELL U2412M 24 inch 8ms GTG black
Keyboard and Mouse
Mouse optic Canyon CND-SGM7, Gaming, 3200 DPI, USB, Black
Corsair Vengeance K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Accessories
Cooler CPU Noctua NH-D14

I also have 2x Seagate - Backup Plus Slim 1TB External USB 3.0/2.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black. I use them for backup.
A

Alkajak

This is a solid build. Very nice. I wanted the Corsair AX860 PSU and the Corsair K70 (RBG) keyboard so badly, they're hard to come by at a good price. Their prices and popularity have spiked since early 2015, so they are more expensive now.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
My sister has Corsair K70-RGB LED-Cherry MX Red and it looks really good, when she got it was 90$, now it's like 150$ or even more.
I didn't wanna buy this PC because it's for gaming and I don't play games. But, I do 3D rendering from time to time as a part-time job and I need something that will run smoothly. My old PC was a few years old and I couldn't do much, I work with 4-5 VM opened and I wanna be able to do everything as fast as I can.
Overall this PC was around 3000$ which is not that expensive and it's pretty good.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
You could try slipping a m.2 SSD for faster 3D rendering when you're due for next upgrade cycle. Is it QHD monitor from Dell optimized for photography?
BTW, your machine is a monster.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Next month, I will get two more SSD Intel 535 Series 120GB SATA-III and I also need a UPS and an Wireless Router.
I wonder if the PSU will handle two more SSD :confused: and about the monitor, I don't know. I only do 3D rendering once a month, there are times when I don't do it in months, when I need to do it, I need to be fast and I usually have a week.
I'm so happy about this setup and Windows 10 is so fast, I guess if you have an old PC you should keep Windows 7 else install Windows 10. I wanna keep this PC for more then five years so how I do it now, will remain for a long time.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
All very nice i am sure i think you have a very nice setup right there. :)

Reactions: DardiM

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Next month, I will get two more SSD Intel 535 Series 120GB SATA-III and I also need a UPS and an Wireless Router.
I wonder if the PSU will handle two more SSD :confused: and about the monitor, I don't know. I only do 3D rendering once a month, there are times when I don't do it in months, when I need to do it, I need to be fast and I usually have a week.
I'm so happy about this setup and Windows 10 is so fast, I guess if you have an old PC you should keep Windows 7 else install Windows 10. I wanna keep this PC for more then five years so how I do it now, will remain for a long time.
Why not, sell all those current SSDs and settle for one big SSD which easier to maintain? Bigger drivers offers more performance and IOPS because of large free space. As long you stick with one GPU, PSU can handle 'em since SSD consume very less power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.