KB4041691 Badly Botched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread author
Problem reports pouring in about kb4041691.

Fix KB4041676 failed to install, download stuck, bluescreen and more
  • Some are reporting that their Windows is deactivated after the KB4041676 update.
  • It is killing Edge for some.
  • When user selects "Restart" the Windows Update client will just hang or throws an error.
Looks like the list is gonna be a long one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
It kept freezing my machine and my brothers. As soon as i got off work I was getting reports from my wife of machine freezing and having to be hard reset and my brother calling me telling me the same thing.

In the end the only way to not get the machine to totally freeze was to turn off avast and voodooshield on all machines, restart and then start the update and even then it would take the update up to 40min to download/install and would hang at 22%-45% for a span on 30 min or so.

At Least for me it wasn't as bad as the windows xp service pack botch from years back.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It kept freezing my machine and my brothers. As soon as i got off work I was getting reports from my wife of machine freezing and having to be hard reset and my brother calling me telling me the same thing.

In the end the only way to not get the machine to totally freeze was to turn off avast and voodooshield on all machines, restart and then start the update and even then it would take the update up to 40min to download/install and would hang at 22%-45% for a span on 30 min or so.

At Least for me it wasn't as bad as the windows xp service pack botch from years back.
Same here, update hangs at 22% for a long time and 100% disk usage with very high response time (14-20 secs). Then I turned off Comodo Firewall (all components). Ran update troubleshooter and all went fine.

L

Local Host

Thread author
All the problems with Windows Updates so far are connected with user error and third-party Software (drivers, programs, etc...), that is the true. I been using Windows 10 even way before day one, and never had a single update cause me issues on any of the PCs at home or at work :coffee:

Not trying to say Microsoft is perfect, they reduced internal testing due to the Insider Program and are still getting great results considering Windows Updates tend to work fine in most machines. Keep in mind Windows runs on a huge array of hardware contrary to Android (where Updates are tested by each brand on a small array of Hardware) and MacOS (and iOS which gets updates that tank performance on older Hardware).

Some people may mention Linux, but there's currently no Linux flavour without bugs (some of them even pack major bugs in their latest stable versions), Kubuntu I'm looking at you who lacks a functioning App Store on clean installed builds (one of many examples).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.