Question KeePass inside Sandboxie - pros & cons??

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

beginner-mt

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 6, 2019

(the OS is Win10)

Hello everyone

I wonder whether anyone could give me some advice, please.

I'd like, if possible at all, to protect KeePass by placing it "inside" Sandboxie.

Pros & Cons??

In advance, thank you for your help

Christian
----------------------------------------------

Reactions: silversurfer

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I would suggest you searching for software restriction, then allow access to KeePass folder(s) only for a few processes. "Secure Folders" was a good solution but it's no longer supported by own developers, although this software does still work correctly on Windows 10 and even on Windows 11.

To be on topic: Sandboxie Plus should be able to restrict internet access for your sandbox if correctly done by yourself. That would help to avoid the function of data-stealers.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Noob question: When I have an data-stealer on my system can I consider anything at all save? (even when sandboxied with restricted internet access?)
Usually, we can say the system is compromised if malware is active on your system, but the OP does talk about protection for KeePass via Sandboxie with restriction features, at least that would prevent personal data stolen by prevalent stealers… A different story is more sophisticated malware.

Of course, major AVs like Kaspersky’s paid versions can protect in similar way via restrictions, formerly known as Application Control, newly renamed to Intrusion Prevention, if I recall correctly 😉

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.