HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
It's mentioned here

Keepsafe launches a privacy-focused mobile browser

Just installed and trying it. It has nice trackers reporting. However, it should have a collapse/expand mode. The collapse mode should report the main domains for the 4 categories with counters and hide all others (https sites) making the info displayed cleaner. The expand mode should show everything for those interested to know in details..

Not sure how to open a private tab.......maybe needs a pin to do it

It'll be good if the browser allows the user to control cookies like blocking all 3rd-party cookies option and make exceptions to allow cookies

No anti-fingerprinting feature like in Brave and also cannot add extensions

Not sure which search engine it's using. If it's Google then forget it. A feature to allow user to add search engines is most welcome

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
this is what it says in the site I posted. So it does look like it need the pin.
"
s.

• icon_pin_touch_r2.svg

Protect browsing with a PIN-code

Use Touch, Fingerprint or Face ID to unlock app
  • icon_incognito_r2.svg

Go incognito with secret tabs

Close tabs to forget browsing history, cookies and urls and clear data
  • icon_no_tracker_r2.svg

Prevent being tracked and secure your data

Turn on tracker blockers for ads, social networks, analytics and content

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I tried downloading files when using this browser but looks like nothing being downloaded.......maybe not support downloading

Can someone try it?

Thanks

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
First thing that is not good, is the sposored short url into mainpage, why using a redirect chain for tracking my download?

hxxps://app.adjust.com/vknwx9d?engagement_type=fallback_click&redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.getkeepsafe.b

4uon.ly - urlscan.io

The second thing not good is that will necessary require Google Play Services.

Has some good sides as small size, and honestly seems ok for now, maybe a good alternative.

Free Automated Malware Analysis Service - powered by Falcon Sandbox

I will try it on device. (y)

Mmm, I don't like the default whitelist, sorry, it seems it also utilize copyrighted work from another dev...

// injectAJAX.h
// Bugsee
//
// Created by ANDREY KOVALEV on 25.08.16.
// Copyright © 2016 Bugsee. All rights reserved.

The default whitelist is the thing that make me say no.

Attachments

• notepad++_2018-06-21_02-53-55.png
    notepad++_2018-06-21_02-53-55.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
First thing that is not good, is the sposored short url into mainpage, why using a redirect chain for tracking my download?

hxxps://app.adjust.com/vknwx9d?engagement_type=fallback_click&redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.getkeepsafe.b

4uon.ly - urlscan.io

The second thing not good is that will necessary require Google Play Services.

Has some good sides as small size, and honestly seems ok for now, maybe a good alternative.

Free Automated Malware Analysis Service - powered by Falcon Sandbox

I will try it on device. (y)
You can download its apk from other site and not from Google Play Store

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
If I understand how this browser works, it will allow google analytics by visiting one of the google domain listed into the whitelist, alongside with gmail, am I wrong?

I understand, that maybe default whitelist entries to avoid problems during browsing, anyway there are much things that are not clear to me, I would like the developer of this browser explain to me.

Attachments

• notepad++_2018-06-21_03-09-09.png
    notepad++_2018-06-21_03-09-09.png
    62 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
If I understand how this browser works, it will allow google analytics by visiting one of the google domain listed into the whitelist, alongside with gmail, am I wrong?

I understand, that maybe default whitelist entries to avoid problems during browsing, anyway there are much things that are not clear to me, I would like the developer of this browser explain to me.
The browser will block analytics trackers NOT allow them. It'll also block ads, social and content

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Are you guys talking about a different browser than Keepsafe now? I am confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.