Troubleshoot keychain access and icloud not responding

Julie Goodwin

Thread author
Nov 29, 2015
After trying to connect my daughters reminder app to sync on icloud with the desktop entries, the keychain access appeared on the admin user account. The keychain logins keep appearing. I went to system preferences to turn off the keychain. Each time I go into keychain, icloud, or internet access, it freezes. I am not able to pull up safari. I have tried several things with no solution.

We have a Mac desktop on OSX 10.10.5 .

I cannot follow STEP 1: Remove adware and browser hijackers from Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox because safari won't respond. I can't do STEP 2: Remove adware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac because the desktop won't access safari.

I have no idea if my issue is related to a malware issue. If it's not a malware problem, please accept my apology. I'm really not sure what else to try and thought I would ask here in the event someone knows of a solution.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.