Which is best for keystroke encryption & other protections, for effectiveness and value/cost?

• Zemana Anti-Keylogger (ZAL)

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • SpyShelter

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • HitmanPro.Alert (HMP.A)

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • KeyScrambler

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Ghostpress

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other?

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Total voters

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
No, @ichito, :D he meant that the key-encryptor would be a useless line of defense in a scenario where it would come to work. At that time there is already malware on the system. :geek:
However I'd say that even malware has a hard time decrypting a password container. So only if you enter your Master password it gets stolen. :emoji_thinking:
Having a key-encryptor (that works) would safe you from accidentally losing it.

Isn't Zemana worthless today? All of its good functions are removed.

shmu26

Level 81
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Hi @shmu26
Basing on your opiniom - using some AV app means that system is compromised by malware (?) :) You know...there is no so wise technology to protect us everytime, everywhere and against everything...
: D
We try do this but only as much as we know and can.
Well, AV is supposed to detect malware before it executes, or at least when it executes. But detecting a keylogger means that the malware is already running and has taken several steps forward.
But anyways, your point is right. Antikeylogger is a valuable addition to security, in the case that previous protections failed.

Reactions: harlan4096

Thales

Level 4
I don't afraid of keyloggers anymore because I did what I could to protect my system.
OSArmor + VS + Emsisoft + HMPA + Hard firewall settings
I have faith in my firewall settings but if everything fails me then I don't care. I bought the HMPA because it's light and I like the features it has.
What else should I do? Worrying? No thanks.

shmu26

Level 81
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
I don't afraid of keyloggers anymore because I did what I could to protect my system.
OSArmor + VS + Emsisoft + HMPA + Hard firewall settings
I have faith in my firewall settings but if everything fails me then I don't care. I bought the HMPA because it's light and I like the features it has.
What else should I do? Worrying? No thanks.
Actually, HMPA has keystroke encrypting. But even if it didn't, your other security is more than enough.

cruelsister

Level 36
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Guys, please always remember that the newest and nastiest info stealer MUST both be able to collect information AND TRANSMIT that stolen info to Blackhat command. BOTH have to be allowed by a Users's security solutions before the malwrea can harm you. So if one has a decent Outbound alerting Firewall in place this transmission would be blocked, so it really doesn't matter if the info collection is allowed or not (better if it was, but not needed to save your Ass).