King Mellow's Layered Security 2016

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security | SecureAPlus | AppGuard | KeyScrambler Premium | AdGuard Premium | Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit | McShield Anti-Malware | Unchecky |
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware | HitmanPro | Crystal Security |
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | WOT | LastPass | Stealth Mode | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Mozilla Firefox - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | LastPass | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Maintenance tools
CCleaner | Wise Care 365 | Revo Uninstaller Pro | Auslogics Disk Defrag | Kerish Doctor |
File and Photo backup
None
System recovery
Windows Backup and Restore | AOMEI Backupper |

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Update:
> Adguard Extension (replacing Adguard Desktop)

By the way, I have a question guys. I'm about to buy a new HDD, I'm currently using my old laptop's HDD. How can I transfer all my files including the softwares (with license) and OS to the new HDD? I don't want to start over again. Reinstalling Win 10 is a pain. :(

EDIT: I've already made a system backup using AOMEI.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi @King Mellow,

You can upgrade to Windows 10 using the following way:
  1. Download Windows 10 ISO file (stable or Insider preview)
  2. When ISO is downloaded. Mount it with right-click
  3. After that start Setup.exe and you should see upgrade window
  4. Now choose to keep your personal files and apps or not
  5. Finally wait for the process to finish
Another way is to upgrade via Media Creation Tool but then it will download Windows 10 files again.

In my opinion ISO way is better. You can always fresh install after upgrade using downloaded ISO file.

You can also make bootable DVD or USB with Windows USB/DVD Download Tool which you can find here.

Regards,
Kardo

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Hi @King Mellow,

Another way is to upgrade via Media Creation Tool but then it will download Windows 10 files again.

In my opinion ISO way is better. You can always fresh install after upgrade using downloaded ISO file.

You can also make bootable DVD or USB with Windows USB/DVD Download Tool which you can find here.

Regards,
Kardo
Is that upgrade free of cost?@Kardo Kristal.I don't think so.

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Hi @King Mellow,

Regards,
Kardo
Thank you so much @Kardo Kristal! I appreciate it! I already upgraded my PC to Windows 10 last month. :)

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Hi @King Mellow,

Regards,
Kardo
Thank you for this, Kardo!
I will try this later before the deadline this month.

My other laptop failed to upgrade twice already last week. All those hours and lost bandwidth... argghhhh....

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Just putting my two ironic cents into the thread. I think that 360, and AppGuard for protection is good as it is. Based on my experience if you don't really pirate or go on shady sites MBAE and MBAM aren't really needed. Not sure about WFC.. I find Windows Firewall (Default) sufficient. Just use Zemana ad a scanner and you're good. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.