King Mellow's Layered Security 2016

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security | SecureAPlus | AppGuard | KeyScrambler Premium | AdGuard Premium | Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit | McShield Anti-Malware | Unchecky |
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware | HitmanPro | Crystal Security |
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | WOT | LastPass | Stealth Mode | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Mozilla Firefox - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | LastPass | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Maintenance tools
CCleaner | Wise Care 365 | Revo Uninstaller Pro | Auslogics Disk Defrag | Kerish Doctor |
File and Photo backup
None
System recovery
Windows Backup and Restore | AOMEI Backupper |

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Just putting my two ironic cents into the thread. I think that 360, and AppGuard for protection is good as it is. Based on my experience if you don't really pirate or go on shady sites MBAE and MBAM aren't really needed. Not sure about WFC.. I find Windows Firewall (Default) sufficient. Just use Zemana ad a scanner and you're good. :)
I'm comfortable with my config right now. No setup changes anytime soon. :) Thanks man! @J Gamez065

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@King Mellow, as I caught up reading of your Odyssey into the realms of Windows 10, a smile spread across my face because it was nice to review all the support offered as well as to learn of the success you've had with your new OS. I'm pleased everything is now intact and working smoothly!:) One of our first additions added for both my wife's and my own Windows 10 system was Hitmanpro Alert, and this was mainly for it's keyboard encryption protection.
I see you have Malwarebytes Anti-exploit, but you might consider trying this worthy alternative, free for 30 days, and using Jack's posted settings below.
I still rely on it's anti-keylogging protection, but since I've not subscribed, perhaps I should consider using MBAE, now,o_O since I've not yet graduated to AppGuard!

Coincidentally, I've just removed Firefox from my system too.;)

Overall, you have a very secure and nicely layered configuration. Thank you for sharing it's many fine points!:D

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
@King Mellow, as I caught up reading of your Odyssey into the realms of Windows 10, a smile spread across my face because it was nice to review all the support offered as well as to learn of the success you've had with your new OS. I'm pleased everything is now intact and working smoothly!:) One of our first additions added for both my wife's and my own Windows 10 system was Hitmanpro Alert, and this was mainly for it's keyboard encryption protection.
I see you have Malwarebytes Anti-exploit, but you might consider trying this worthy alternative, free for 30 days, and using Jack's posted settings below.
I still rely on it's anti-keylogging protection, but since I've not subscribed, perhaps I should consider using MBAE, now,o_O since I've not yet graduated to AppGuard!

Coincidentally, I've just removed Firefox from my system too.;)

Overall, you have a very secure and nicely layered configuration. Thank you for sharing it's many fine points!:D

Upgrading my PC to Windows 10 is one of the stressful moments of my life. My old 1TB HDD got broken while installing Windows 10. Oh man, all those sleepless nights, trying to figure out what happened and how to fix the mess. I'm very glad that our fellow members helped me pulled through. I also successfully migrated my files including the OS to the new HDD (2TB). :)

I wanna try HitmanPro.Alert again sometime later, but for now I think MBAE is more than enough. :) I rarely use Firefox and it is not necessary because I already have Chrome as my main browser.

Are you using Zemana AM (Pandora) as real-time protection?

Thanks @Cats-4_Owners-2!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Upgrading my PC to Windows 10 is one of the stressful moments of my life. My old 1TB HDD got broken while installing Windows 10. Oh man, all those sleepless nights, trying to figure out what happened and how to fix the mess. I'm very glad that our fellow members helped me pulled through. I also successfully migrated my files including the OS to the new HDD (2TB). :)

I wanna try HitmanPro.Alert again sometime later, but for now I think MBAE is more than enough. :) I rarely use Firefox and it is not necessary because I already have Chrome as my main browser.

Are you using Zemana AM (Pandora) as real-time protection?

Thanks @Cats-4_Owners-2!
"Zemana AM (Pandora)" sounds like one of the lifesaving superhero gadgets James Bond could use to save the world, doesn't it??:p:D Maybe it can.o_O "Shaken, not stirred.":cool:
Yes, I happily use it; and I've only good thoughts and experiences with what Zemana represents and does. Lightness + ease of use + superior protection = Peace of mind!:)

Firefox has become my wife's vehicle of choice, and syncing it on my lap top was essentially to allow her internet access during our own stressful all night and throughout the day wait as Windows 10 assimilated her computer into "The Windows Collective"!:p I'd uninstalled it as Palemoon & (for now) Opera fill my browsing needs. Chrome has more recently caught my eye again, although I've been a fan of it's quick, light , & customizably secure cousin, Slimjet. Fastest web browser that blocks all ads and protects your privacy - Slimjet

Reading and witnessing all the valuable help & instructions you'd received brought me great satisfaction. The media creation tool @frogboy illustrated was confidence inspiring, and @XhenEd's imput made me feel smarter just reading it (among others). I hope the nightmare timing of your hard drive giving out at the same time Windows 10 was coming on board would never happen to anyone else, although now you're experience may help many of those whom would otherwise give up, and to find themselves (like you) ultimately "glad they pulled through too".:):D

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
"Zemana AM (Pandora)" sounds like one of the lifesaving superhero gadgets James Bond could use to save the world, doesn't it??:p:D Maybe it can.o_O "Shaken, not stirred.":cool:
Yes, I happily use it; and I've only good thoughts and experiences with what Zemana represents and does. Lightness + ease of use + superior protection = Peace of mind!:)

Firefox has become my wife's vehicle of choice, and syncing it on my lap top was essentially to allow her internet access during our own stressful all night and throughout the day wait as Windows 10 assimilated her computer into "The Windows Collective"!:p I'd uninstalled it as Palemoon & (for now) Opera fill my browsing needs. Chrome has more recently caught my eye again, although I've been a fan of it's quick, light , & customizably secure cousin, Slimjet. Fastest web browser that blocks all ads and protects your privacy - Slimjet

Reading and witnessing all the valuable help & instructions you'd received brought me great satisfaction. The media creation tool @frogboy illustrated was confidence inspiring, and @XhenEd's imput made me feel smarter just reading it (among others). I hope the nightmare timing of your hard drive giving out at the same time Windows 10 was coming on board would never happen to anyone else, although now you're experience may help many of those whom would otherwise give up, and to find themselves (like you) ultimately "glad they pulled through too".:):D

Hahaha! It sounds more like a weapon that will save our world from the apocalypse than a James Bond gadget. :D:p Love how you use the figures of speech, cats. :D :) I'm happy you like Zemana. :) You also won a Zemana license key, right? ;) And we both won in EIS giveaway. :) We're really Blessed! :)

I was torn between SlimJet and Vivaldi before but my eternal love for Chrome prevailed. :p

I only got 4 hours of sleep in two days just to fix the PC. It was a real nightmare and I won't let it happen. Ever again.

My friend @frogboy and @XhenEd, you both did a great job! ;) Thanks to both of you for helping me out. :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Hahaha! It sounds more like a weapon that will save our world from the apocalypse than a James Bond gadget. :D:p Love how you use the figures of speech, cats. :D :) I'm happy you like Zemana. :) You also won a Zemana license key, right? ;) And we both won in EIS giveaway. :) We're really Blessed! :)

I was torn between SlimJet and Vivaldi before but my eternal love for Chrome prevailed. :p

I only got 4 hours of sleep in two days just to fix the PC. It was a real nightmare and I won't let it happen. Ever again.

My friend @frogboy and @XhenEd, you both did a great job! ;) Thanks to both of you for helping me out. :)
I think my friend @King Mellow you deserve a well earned rest, enjoy. ;)

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Update:

Added: Emsisoft Internet Security ( 1 yr. license, thanks MT! :) )

Removed: 360 Total Security and Windows Firewall Control

Only issue here is Google Chrome hangs when opening after the installation of EIS. No page will load. What could be the problem? :(

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Sadly, there's really an issue between Chrome and EIS. :(

"There is a known issue with Google Chrome and version 11 of our software. Our developers are working on this issue. We did publish a beta update to address it on Friday, however there were some issues with it. I would believe it is still in the Beta update feed if you would like to try it, however please note that when it installs there is a possibility that explorer.exe may crash and all of your open programs may restart."

EDIT: VoodooShield or EXE Radar PRO?

Last edited:

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I thought it's just Chrome and now Slimjet isn't behaving normal too.

CONCLUSION. Emsisoft doesn't like Chrome and Chrome-based Browsers. :mad:

Update:

Added: Mozilla Firefox, MusicBee, ShareIt and PDF-XChange

Removed: Slimjet

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.