King Mellow's Layered Security 2016

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security | SecureAPlus | AppGuard | KeyScrambler Premium | AdGuard Premium | Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit | McShield Anti-Malware | Unchecky |
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware | HitmanPro | Crystal Security |
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | WOT | LastPass | Stealth Mode | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Mozilla Firefox - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | LastPass | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Maintenance tools
CCleaner | Wise Care 365 | Revo Uninstaller Pro | Auslogics Disk Defrag | Kerish Doctor |
File and Photo backup
None
System recovery
Windows Backup and Restore | AOMEI Backupper |

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Update:

HP TouchSmart PC

Added:
KeyScrambler Premium - ( Thanks @Cats-4_Owners-2 :p ) and PatchMyPC

Removed: Binisoft USB Flash Drive Control, Kerish Doctor and Soft Organizer - Not really needed as I already have CCleaner, Wise Care 365 and Revo Uninstaller Pro. :)

Changed: Zemana AntiLogger Premium - On-Demand

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
It is, but if microsoft made easier to navigate through options, more people would understand how to use it and why its needed, e.g: my parents understand whats windows defender, but whats windows firewall? Thats, umm, next level..
Your right davisd, WFC doesn't do anything, it is just for easier access to the settings, nothing more.
I use it and will consider dropping it once MS streamlines the settings.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Update:

HP TouchSmart PC

Re-Added: AdGuard Premium

Removed: SpyShelter Premium - It made some programs to stop working (like WinPatrol) and it's HIPS is too noisy. I will never install it again. Ever.
put SpS on medium security, and install it w/o keystroke hooks.
then it behaves very nicely, you will be surprised. It still provides excellent system protection that way.

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Update:

Re-Added:
Kerish Doctor - Thanks @frogboy and @Klipsh :)

I am feeling the Spirit of Shakespear's Hamlet calling out to us, "To Binisoft or not to Binisoft..? That is the question!" ;):)

Haha! lol. @Cats-4_Owners-2 Thanks for making us laugh in every way you can, my friend. :p :)

put SpS on medium security, and install it w/o keystroke hooks.
then it behaves very nicely, you will be surprised. It still provides excellent system protection that way.
Maybe later. :) Thank you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.