Kingsoft PC Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibrad

Thread author
Apr 29, 2011
A Kingsoft company rep just posted this over at Wilders. It is suppose to be some sort of PC manager (it seems like Rising PC Doctor) with patch monitor, system cleaner, and Anti-Trojan. I really don't know much about it and its still in beta but it seems like it could turn out into a good product. I have not tested it yet but I think a few people over at Wilders are.

Link: http://pcdoctor.kingsoft.com/index.shtml

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Tested this program for an hour or so.... Overall I say this is worth downloading and trying it out......
The main problem is that it can generate some FP but it has some useful features and a good anti-trojan engine.
Tested this product with 7 malware samples (small test to see how it behaves) ....... The malware samples were 0 - 48 hours old....
Watch the video and see Kingsoft PC Doctor in action.Features+Malware Test :)

• Due to the small number of samples used in this tests, you should take results with a grain of salt.
  • We encourage you to compare this results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.

Last edited:

Ibrad

Thread author
Apr 29, 2011
I am still trying to figure out if this was designed to be an AV product or to be ran along side another AV.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Ibrad said:
I am still trying to figure out if this was designed to be an AV product or to be ran along side another AV.
That would be my question also..While I've downloaded the malware samples Kingsoft PC Doctor didn't alert me ..so I don't think it has any real time scanning....
But it does seem to monitor changes through out the system in real time and it's running in real time , so their's that. :p

I might do in the near future a more accurate test , with more malware samples just to see how good their detection is.

Ibrad

Thread author
Apr 29, 2011
From my research Kingsoft has normally had lower detection rates from here in the states due to most of their user base being located in China. However they are trying to expand into the rest of the world and these free cloud products are most likely providing them more data to improve detection. From what I have see they have pretty good detection rates of China Area malware.

I know when they first released the American free cloud version they had some issues (the first beta build detected Notepad as Trojan.Heru or something like that) which I remember made a lot of the Wilders members more cautious to try it. However they fixed that FP in the same day. I really like the looks of the system monitoring. If they would make it clearer if it was made to run along side an AV product or not would really help. However it does look like a nice product and I think I will try it out soon once they release a final. I don't like installing random beta software, I only install the beta software of products I have known to have stable betas.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Kingsoft isn't good at all but from time to time they are slightly improved even their cloud feature made also too slightly improved.

Ibrad

Thread author
Apr 29, 2011
Talking to a Kingsoft Rep they said this was created to be ran along side your current security products and was created to be used in a build your own security suite set. They are really working on improving the system cleanup feature but they will continue to expand the security features as well. One of the features coming up is the ability to modify the Windows Theme like the China version according to the forum. AntiTrojan scan runs in Ring3 and should scan on execute but I did not see it do that in your review.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Link

Kingsoft PC Doctor 2.7 was no longer in beta and its official release.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Kingsoft PC Doctor updated to 2.7.1.88 today, here are the improvements.

1. Fixed several bugs to imporve the stability.

2. Add an option on vulnerbility alert pop-up. Click the checkbox and this alert will not appear again.

3. Repair the autostart alert pop-up, and it will not appear when you click the checkbox.

4. Add the tab called "Defense". It make our real-time protection visible and to be controlled.

5. Add a quick entry on Trojan scanning result page to report false positives on our forum.

Link

Ibrad

Thread author
Apr 29, 2011
It seems they are really working on improving it, they added that web shield very quickly after user requests.

kslogan

Sep 21, 2011
Hello guys

I'm from kingsoft security, thanks for sharing your experience with this software.
Just let me know if you have any question regarding kingsoft pc doctor.

Cheers.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Sharing a pic of KPCD 3.0

file.php

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Here are the changelogs of Kingsoft PC Doctor 3.0.1

1. Fully optimized interface, make everything easy and clear.
Items on first level tab become 5. Normally all features can be used by one click.
2. Software is English only, will not change to Portuguese on Portuguese OS.
3. Remove the first vulnerability alert when Kingsoft PC Doctor newly installed.
4. Use Life Point to display PC health.
5. Remve IE browser settings.

Link

SophieWhatever

Dec 27, 2011
Special skin for Christmas
file.php

And New right click scan,
file.php

Download Here

and thanks jamescv7 for your post

Sorry this was not posted before now someone dropped the ball

SophieWhatever

Dec 27, 2011
Hi Ibrad I remember your issue It has come up with some panda users
Hopefully Kingsoft PC Doctor Version 4. might solve it for u. but that will be a while down the line.
And to any panda user here who have had any slowdowns or issue
I do apologize ,
Ibrad suggestions and comments are always welcome .

SophieWhatever

Dec 27, 2011
Kingsoft PC Doctor Updated to 3.3.0.65

Kingsoft PC Doctor Updated to 3.3.0.65

Gk5JH.jpg

Improved Software Uninstaller for Windows 64 bit OS

Simplified installation package size for quick download

Enhanced My Startup service for better performance

Change Christmas Special Skin to default

Open Multi-Language Framework

Fix Bugs in GUI.

Download

http://download.cnet.com/Kingsoft-PC-Doctor/3000-18512_4-75543680.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.