Battle KIS 2018 vs Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.4

drakester

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2017
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a very good Internet Suite solution.

I've been reading through several topics and most of the opinions mention these two as excellent overall performers.

I want a good suite that has both av and firewall, excellent protection overall, minimal system impact, reliable (not unstable) and doesn't get in my way since I'll be installing this on three separate Windows 10 PCs: a workstation, gaming desktop and laptop.

It's between EIS and KIS latest and greatest but any other suggestion that fills the requirements are welcome.

Thanks a lot!

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
You can't go wrong with any of those. It's like choosing between Pepsi or Coca-Cola. Similar products, same result (prominent death). It depends on what each one likes. Personally, i am using a high-end laptop (16GB RAM, i7 7700HQ) and both behaved very well on my system. The only difference: when i tweaked Emsisoft for maximum security, performance remained. When i tweaked Kaspersky for maximum protection, performance was seriously affected, even with my specifications on hardware. If you're going default i'd say go Kaspersky. Else go Emsisoft.

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
As booth of them are performing well, you could also take a look at the way of licensing and pricing....

Emsisoft in general seems to be more expensive. For me, having lot's of devices in my family the new Kaspersky Security Cloud offering for 20 devices might also be a good alternative.

So if you can't decide by feature, decide by price as you can't go wrong...

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Kaspersky probably has the best GUI I've ever used. I do like to use their encryption software, password manager (Sticky passoword), and backup (for local backups) in KIS/KTS. Those 3 things work great. Emsisoft doesn't have any of that (which is OK). I would choose Kaspersky. Eugene seems like a cool guy I'd drink a beer with ;P

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.