Battle Zemana AntiLogger vs Kaspersky IS 2017 (vs Avast)?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hello everyone,

I would like you ask you to compare between ZAL with Pandora vs KIS 2017 (tweaked a bit)
I'm using Kaspersky now but I really care about my laptop performance and battery life. I have an old gaming laptop so the battery life is not good: 2-3.5hrs maximum even with everything disabled and highly tweaked

KIS is quite light but it has high memory usage and slows down copy speed at least 2-3 times as I noticed for years. A user said it also decreases laptop battery life, I can't confirm it

Can Zemana AL be used as a primary AV? Is it risky because sometimes I have to work without internet connection. I heard zemana would be blind without the internet

What do you think about about avast IS with fully tweaked settings? Is it comparable with slightly tweaked KIS. When I had a chance to use avast IS a month a go, it was very very light but it slows down my boot speed compared to KIS (easily noticed without a stopwatch)

Thank you so much :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Personaly I don't understand why you are comparing ZAL with the others I would personally use it alongside either Avast or Kaspersky. Currently I am using Avast and ZAL due to the lack of money I have for Kaspersky.

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Fist of all, you should not compere between online & off line protection .

_ A month ago after update to latest windows update , I give a try to W.Defender(off-line protection) + ZAL(online protection) only.
* In fact I test WD in many malware and I find that it do V.good result NOT excellent :\ (good choice for normal user) just add Anti-Exploit Premium - Premium Zero-Day Exploit Protection FREE .
( Windows Defender getting better and better those days)

_ After that I install my favorite protection KIS 2017 , which is become more lighter than version 2016 , and install ZAL too.

_ But I use KIS 2017 as a real time protection & ZAL(on demand scanning only )

If you are normal user (browse trusted URL, watch videos, download file from trusted site, not malware tester, .....etc)
you only need WD + ZAL and please install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit to protect all your Browsers Anti-Exploit Premium - Premium Zero-Day Exploit Protection

If you are as above, I strongly suggest KIS 2017 for you .

Latest, about Avast, no way avast is lighter than KIS 2017 BUT less in features & protection.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Fist of all, you should not compere between online & off line protection .

_ A month ago after update to latest windows update , I give a try to W.Defender(off-line protection) + ZAL(online protection) only.
* In fact I test WD in many malware and I find that it do V.good result NOT excellent :\ (good choice for normal user) just add Anti-Exploit Premium - Premium Zero-Day Exploit Protection FREE .
( Windows Defender getting better and better those days)

_ After that I install my favorite protection KIS 2017 , which is become more lighter than version 2016 , and install ZAL too.

_ But I use KIS 2017 as a real time protection & ZAL(on demand scanning only )

If you are normal user (browse trusted URL, watch videos, download file from trusted site, not malware tester, .....etc)
you only need WD + ZAL and please install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit to protect all your Browsers Anti-Exploit Premium - Premium Zero-Day Exploit Protection

If you are as above, I strongly suggest KIS 2017 for you .

Latest, about Avast, no way avast is lighter than KIS 2017 BUT less in features & protection.
thank you. I will keep using KIS 2017 then :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
There should be a rule that OP's have to compare products in the same classes, I have seen a lot of this lately.
It makes a large amount of clutter that mods have to clean up.
**No offense Rain I know you didn't mean to brother.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.