Advice Request KIS 2019 Firewall settings - Outgoing Alerts?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Allego

Level 2
Verified
Jan 25, 2016
First of all, make sure the "Perform recommended actions automatically" was unticked. Go to Application Control settings then click Manage Applications. Right-click the desired app or group then choose "Details and rules" then go to the "Network rules" tab. You can add your own rules there.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
This is what I see in the program in General settings. What should I untick so that I can decide whether to allow or deny a program access to the internet?

Attachments

• 2019-01-24 22_16_37-Window.png
    2019-01-24 22_16_37-Window.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 316

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, untick In Interactive Protection -> Perform recommended actions...

But this it not enough, as @Allego said... even in Interactive, still all Trusted applications will connect directly without prompting because of the default rules... so You may change some concrete NetWork rules in Application Control -> Manage Applications, column NetWork -> Prompt for action, or change that rule for ALL THE TRUSTED APPLICATIONS GROUP -> mouse right click over column Application -> Trusted -> Details and rules -> Network rules -> column Action.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I won't recommend doing this. You will be bombarded with prompts. I had done this once for a single program, reverted to default next minute.
If you can handle the prompt & know what you are doing, then it is great.

Reactions: harlan4096

N31R

Level 1
Verified
Jul 25, 2016
Alternatively, when setting the trusted application group to prompt for network access, allow the Microsoft category. This will greatly decrease the promts since applications wont inherit the parent process restrictions (from explorer.exe mainly).

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.