Advice Request KIS vs KTS, is it worth to upgrade?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Should I buy Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 or Kaspersky Total Security 2016?

• Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • Kaspersky Total Security 2016

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwes

Thread author
Jul 26, 2016
Hey guys, I used Comodo for years and decided I had enough, I want to buy a Kaspersky product and I want to know which one of this products I should buy and if KTS worth the extra money if I'm not going to use the file and password protection anyway? is there any other difference between them? also is it worth to buy an extra copy for my android or malwarebytes mobile is enough?

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

Rwes

Thread author
Jul 26, 2016
Thanks, lazy me didn't think to Google it..
So it really is just the file managment tools and password manager?
if it is I should just buy kis because those tools are useless to me.
By the way, if one day I decide to upgrade to KAV or get more licenses can I do it for cheaper or do I need to buy the whole suite all over again?
Last Kaspersky product I used was KAV back in 2004 and it came on a disk with the license included...

Last edited:

Rwes

Thread author
Jul 26, 2016
Oh another question, if a new version, lets say KIS 2017 comes out during my license period can I tranfer my key to it or I need to buy it again? (yes guys I havn't bought a security suite for ages..:D)

Reactions: Logethica

Rwes

Thread author
Jul 26, 2016
The difference KIS<>KTS: check the last 5 features of the list in the link I posted before.

About licences, Kaspersky follows the rule -1/+3, so no problem to use Your license with new version, in fact 2017 version in English is already available: License Compatibility of Kaspersky Lab Products’ Versions

Thanks, I just bought a license for 3 PC's, I can't find an answer for this, if I use this key on my Android does it count as like I used 1 PC out of those 3?
Edit: I bought it from Kaspersky localized website that said PC's but after signing up to Kaspersky website it actually says devices, in any way it was cheaper then buying the Android version separately, thanks everyone for helping my decide.

Last edited:
Reactions: MITKH and Logethica

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Usually a typical user will go to Internet Security because of features that primarily focus on protection alongside of saving money.

The number of features does not add more protection at all.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
As a long time Kaspersky Internet Security user I would recommend KIS over KTS.Protection and the most important features are available in KIS.
Personally the extra features in KTS(File shredder,password manager,Backup &restore,etc.) are taken care of by way of other programs.
Although nice features there are better third party programs specifically made to handle these features(many are free).
Either one will provide you with top notch security just depends on what you want to spend and if you want all these features packed into one Security program.

Reactions: Jack and harlan4096

MITKH

Level 3
Verified
Nov 4, 2014
Hello
My friends and KTS have installed KIS version and some of them have used.
My experience shows that KTS version has fewer problems than the version is KIS.
KIS version have some problem, you know friends who use both versions.
Only KTS.
Respectfully

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.