Advice Request KIS vs KTS - which one to choose?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Hello fellow members:

I have been a regular KIS user in the past years. I found it to be the best fit for my security needs.

Right now, I have found a very cheap offer for KTS and am seriously thinking of buying it. My question is that, is it really better than KIS with extra security features, or does it only add unnecessary stuff to make it rather a bloatware? I am using a gaming laptop and don't want to bog it down with unnecessary elements which I won't be using anyway.

Many thanks in advance!

Reactions: Guilhermesene
G

Guilhermesene

From my point of view, if you don't need the extra features that KTS has, there is no need to spend money on it.

Yes, in my point of view, KTS is more bloatware, KIS is a leaner product but both have the same level of protection, the differential is in the extra features like Password Manager, Safe Kids among others.

But this is just my perception, it may not be for everyone 🙂

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
It's not extra bloatware. Many of the extra features don't need to be installed (Password Manger, safe kids). From a security standpoint, both are the same. I enjoy the extra features, such as password manger (well polished), backup, encrypted containers. If you don't need those extras, then go with KIS.

KTS will also be left out of patch 21.4. A major update. KIS will receive that update. That would probably be the biggest deciding factor for me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.