Troubleshoot KMPlayer detected as Unwanted Program by Kaspersky

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
For last several weeks KIS 2017 blocked KM Player. Yesterday Upgrade KIS 2017 to 2018 and installed HitMan Pro Alert soon after scanning they asked permission to delete KMP before execute and stop to run. But it was a fresh Installed from KMP website then why detected as suspicious.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 600

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
If you are sure that you have download it from its official website, just add it to exclusions :)
Yes. It was a Fresh installation from official site yesterday. Kis2017 blocked KMPlayer and IObit unistaller few days ego after upgrade kis2017 to 18 IoBit works pretty well but KMPlayer detected as suspicious.

Reactions: omidomi
Upvote 0

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
My KTS2018MR0c does not detect anything in the installer, still not installed, but probably on execution can be detect some suspicious activity... anyway could be a false positive, send a screen-shot of the specific detection from Quarantine and from Reports -> System Watcher or Detected objects...

Upvote 0

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
i quote myself again :

get rid of KMPlayer

there is a plethora of media players on file hippo / softpedia etc. so why install a software which is shady.

i tried a lot of players in the last couple days since my beloved mpc-hc has been abandoned :cry: & i totally recommend mirillis splash.

p.s. : i am not a newbie employee of mirillis trying to promote my company on MT so my recommendation is 100% unbiased :)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.