I'd agree and say this rises above the level of opinion because it has been reported in many forums, online reviews, etc...Comodo Internet Security.
A strength But the opposite is that it is difficult to try to configure it. and sometimes it is difficult to understand (For a new user).
Have a multi licence for KIS, installed on a friends PC & she complained her start menu was just not working, well it was but one icon at a time after boot, turned out KIS wasn't ideal for her so now has an alternative.@Robbie I would like to add a few more things I missed about Kaspersky
- Scan mode: On execution => it still scans files on-access (slow icon appearance in folder, only 1, after 1 reboot)
- Weak against adwares/PUPs
- Rootkit scan scheduled scan causes high CPU usage and slows down PC -> false perception that Kaspersky is resource-hog
- Kaspersky removal tool (kavremover) is known to break System Restore/system protection (still not fixed)
- Tweaking KIS's firewall is a pain for new users due to child process rule inheritance from parent process
- Firewall: unable to block the default Public network -> KIS will block the whole internet
Good point, on occasions when the icon changes to yellow the entire taskbar can flash & reappear, not critical but needs sorting.
which is the alternative? can you share it? ThanksHave a multi licence for KIS, installed on a friends PC & she complained her start menu was just not working, well it was but one icon at a time after boot, turned out KIS wasn't ideal for her so now has an alternative.
This shouldn't be included as a con of Eset or any other Anti viruses. All the other points you made are more or less valid based on user experience but this shouldn't be included here as there are countless other AVs out there who doesn't have a free version. It's their business policy not a "Known problem" of those products.No free version
This isn't a known problem. That's just the design of the product.The Hitman Pro included is not the same as the standalone Hitman Pro
This isn't a known problem either. You said it yourself, HIPS is HIPS. You're adding a point about a feature being a con for working as it was intended to work.HIPS is HIPS. It can block everything including safe files.
How is this a "known problem" ? That's not an issue with the functioning of their products.Merged labs with NSA
1. Hitman Pro not being present isn't a "known" problem a SOPHOS user will face. They might be disappointed but that is a different story.The purpose of this is to let users know what kind of issues or scenarios they will face when installing X antivirus.