Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
MalwareVirus said:
@Littlebits
"The best way to protect your system from getting these remote infections is don not install foreign language packs to Windows. If a malware is written in another language and your system doesn't include that language pack then it can not infect Windows."
"So these localized security products are very important to users in those areas because global AV's for example can not detect these local malware. If you live in the Indonesian areas, Kompas Antivirus might be an excellent option to use."

I have a question over it.As i live in india & 99% or more computer operates on english as window default lang.So in this situatation mostly local virus are written in english too so still Local AV's like Quick heal or k7 are better than Global AV's like KIS or BIS ?

Thanks

There is localized malware written in all languages but since English is used all over the world in most countries, most malware written in English is global malware. However there is also localized malware written in English that only effects small areas and never goes global.

So it is possible that localized AV's in your area could detect that local malware that the global AV's will miss.

In the USA, there is not a lot of localized malware, most of it is global.
But in Asia the story is much different. There is known localized malware in China, Russia, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, India and most other Asian countries and countries next to the European and African borders.

Most of the localized malware never get added to the global AV vendors database. Since they will run their course then be obsolete.

Enjoy!! :D

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks sir for your valuable info i gain from you as i always prefer global AV's compare to local AV's & before it i think European countries & russia produce 90% of virus or malware as computer comes from west but since some month ago obama claims china try to hack their database & already harm many american bussiness company then i know china is also in race.I feel safe on the web now as in your list india is last position :)

"But in Asia the story is much different. There is known localized malware in China, Russia, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, India and most other Asian countries"
But russia is not in asia ?
Thanks again :)

Reactions: indra11tng

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
But russia is not in asia ?

Yes it is, Russia is so large that it covers two continents.
Actually more then half of Asia is Russia.
Extends across the whole of northern Asia and much of Europe, Russia spans nine time zones and incorporates a wide range of environments and landforms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia

Russia is often called the Eurasian country.

Enjoy!! :D

indra11tng

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
I have Information from Programmer Kompas AntiVirus, i use Google Translate

Code:
For RTP feature by hooking process (intercepted the virus is active in memory) is still pending because there is still a lot of bugs. I might go out beyond the library budget to buy quickly wrote let RTP completed within this month.

xpressive

Level 1
Verified
Jul 28, 2013
@indra11tng
That's was sad news, did the clamav integration was added?
I hear from some forum maybe kaskus? that Kompas will able to use clamav engine and database.

indra11tng

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
xpressive said:
@indra11tng
That's was sad news, did the clamav integration was added?
I hear from some forum maybe kaskus? that Kompas will able to use clamav engine and database.

Kompas AntiVirus AntiVirus programmers prefer to develop Real Time with hook process. Developing Integration with Clamav may be delayed.

Read More : http://malware.web.id/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27

Reactions: Malware1

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
There is still not enough known about this program and i stick with my original opinion and that it still looks a bit like a rogue to me.

indra11tng

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
Kompas Antivirus 2.0.8
August 29th, 2013

What's New in This Release:
· Added mirror update server.
· Added plugin feature.
· Fixed heuristic detection for detecting software with digital signature.
· Improved GUI.
· Fixed file locking while installing software.

Source: http://forum.malware.web.id/viewtopic.php?id=2

indra11tng

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
Kompas Antivirus 2.0.9
September 10th, 2013

What's New in This Release:
· Fixed process updates failed since DB 100.
· Shell extension file is dropped into AppData folder.
· Added uninstaller file.
· Added Link Scanner to scan malicious sites.
· Added automatic schedules startup scanning.

indra11tng

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
Kompas Antivirus 3.0.0
November 25th, 2013
http://anti.malware.web.id/

What's New in This Release

· Addition of Real-Time File System Protection to intercept the virus activated from memory when the virus is executed.
· The addition of two new tools Attribute Fixer, USB Security, Process Manager, and Manager Browser.
· Improvisation virus database update system.
· Improvements to the core engine updates.

Signature : 244.815

indra11tng

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
Screenshot Kompas Antivirus 3.0.0

image1.png

image2.png

image3.png

image4.png

image5.png

image6.png

indra11tng

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
Kompas Antivirus 3.0.2
March 11th, 2014

What's New:
- Command line scanner /Scan to scan drive/folders
- Scan inside supported archives
- Browser Manager able to fix hijacked browser shortcut.

KompasAV+3.0.2.png

Capture.gif

Capture2.gif

Just a little bit of improvement. Please support us by donating codes, click ads on website, funds or hosting/domain.

Email us to kompasav at gmail domain.

Last edited:
Reactions: gin and Malware1

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Good job fella, please keep improved :)
PS : Cuma ide, mungkin akan lebih mantap kalau ada fitur klik kanan scan di windows explorer gan :):cool:
Atau mungkin sudah ada di update ini ya?

Anyway, well done I'm looking forward Kompas AV progress!
I've been recommended this to my fellow university student and they quite satisfied with the results, well done :)

indra11tng

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
Good job fella, please keep improved :)
PS : Cuma ide, mungkin akan lebih mantap kalau ada fitur klik kanan scan di windows explorer gan :):cool:
Atau mungkin sudah ada di update ini ya?

Anyway, well done I'm looking forward Kompas AV progress!
I've been recommended this to my fellow university student and they quite satisfied with the results, well done :)

Maybe @avkom in the next release version add feature context menu in x64bit system. scan context menu only support 32bit operating system.

thank you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.