Real-time security
MKS_vir Internet Security, Smart Screen
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox Nightly - MKS Safe Browser - Edge, ublock Origin, Sticky Password Premium, privacy possum
Maintenance tools
MKS_vir, Reg Organizer 7.70, Sticky Password Premium, OneDrive, Ashampoo ZIP Pro
File and Photo backup
OneDrive, MKS_vir SafeStorage
System recovery
Macrium Free

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I will use a solution such Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backup, for store a safe system image, in case of disaster, like emergency plan;

I will use Zemana as ondemand scanner or portable, adding some others second opinion scanners such Norton Power Eraser or Adwcleaner;

I will set UAC at maximum.

Pretty good config in my opinion. (y)

KonradPL

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2018
I will use a solution such Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backup, for store a safe system image, in case of disaster, like emergency plan;

I will use Zemana as ondemand scanner or portable, adding some others second opinion scanners such Norton Power Eraser or Adwcleaner;

I will set UAC at maximum.

Pretty good config in my opinion. (y)

It is possible that it will return to Arcabit internet Security because it has the functions of automatic secure backup copies of files that are encrypted and collected on a separate partition.

Or maybe as a scanner of the second opinion, I give secureaplus?

Reactions: lowdetection

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Probably I think that there are many suggestions to recommend backing up the system image. It is not a kind of absolutely necessary, but this is an effective means to save time and make time easier for disk replacement and reformatting with hardware problems.

Thank you for sharing!:D(y)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OneDrive is not a System Image backup solution. OneDrive can only backup files and sync to connected devices.

You can still create a System Repair disc (USB) using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore option. The recovery disc can be used in the case your PC decides to not boot up properly, or something gets corrupted by error or malware.

1525434520139.png

Also changed thread title to include your username, according to these Guidelines. If you hadn't noticed, no one uses My Config anymore.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
I thought about it but I came to the conclusion that I do not need to make a backup of the whole system

You should implement a proper backup. Backing up to OneDrive is ineffective. If you don't want to necessarily do a system backup then a data backup tool like Rollback Rx Home (Free) would work well. Although I also strongly recommend a System Image, Macrium Reflect is also good and free.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.