Advanced Security kylprq's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Apr 27, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Automatic sign-in / no sign-in required
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Account Control (UAC)
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
tp link something
Real-time protection
CS-CFW with block unknown / custom file groups and vendor list + Silent mode
WDAC base policy and two supplemental policies (Signers/FilePath rules)
Device firewall
Custom security settings
MS-Edge Strict
BitWarden pm
Periodic malware scanners
none
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
MS-Edge
Ublock Origin
Bitwarden
TTV LOL PRO 😜
Secure DNS
NextDNS
on mobile ReThink client using NextDNS
Desktop VPN
proton when needed. 🤷‍♀️
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
File and photo backups
none but have Google plan that I don't know what to backup. 🤷‍♀️
System recovery
⁉
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Downloading files from unknown or untrusted sources
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Gaming
    • Gaming with third-party mods
    • Coding and development
Computer specs
Hp something
AMD ryzen 4300u AMD Ryzen 3 4300U can play Crysis, even with the CPU cooler removed 👌
no dGPU
8 don't care type
256 same as above
Feedback preference

Showcase only - no advice requested

Personal backup: none, but have Google plan that I don't know what to back up: what about any personal document or sensitive data in Your system? 🤷‍♂️
 
Personal backup: none, but have Google plan that I don't know what to back up: what about any personal document or sensitive data in Your system? 🤷‍♂️
everything happens on Edge and no personal documents actually even it's happens I myself delete it quickly 🤷🏽‍♀️
 
I've decided to give up on WDAC for now. I recently enabled DefaultWindows WDAC policy on my system in Audit mode, but it quickly rendered my system unstable. I experienced frequent crashes, hangs and other problems. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my specific system configuration. Either way, I'm not willing to put up with the instability. WDAC is like a new relationship: easy to start, but hard to maintain. I have no relationship btw. Last sentence suggested by Bard when I requested funny quote about WDAC alternative to this "Windows WDAC: The best way to keep your Windows machine safe from malware... if you're a masochist." 👩‍🦲🤷‍♀️
 
looking for closest alternative to CFW if any, for fun 😶‍🌫️

I have not used CFW in many years so I do not know if this one is close to it, but so far I like Portmaster Firewall. It is a free opensource firewall, but you can install in it what they call SPN.
You can watch a video about it at the bottom of the page.

But as long as you do not install SPN then the firewall is free to use, you could take a look if it is a firewall you want to try... or not. :)

Portmaster Firewall: Safing Portmaster - Easy Privacy
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top