Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
+ DNS Crypt (DNSSEC enable)

Hi,
this is my config.

Many years with McAfee (before the internet era), followed by many years with avira free + Windows Firewall Control free of Sphinx Software.
Don't remember my last infection (finger crossed).

EDIT of 21 may 2017:
a small move: replaced BD Free with BD IS (thanks to a german 1 year giveaway)
I wanted to keep CFW, and I wanted to keep BD light. And I wanted to put ATC to agressive.
So, I've installed BD IS, and disabled all module, except AV and Web protection.
I've had compressed file scanning (<10Mb) , disable HTTPS scanning (I like to examine real certs)

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would strongly suggest a system backup solution.
Consider an additional on demand scanner(s) as your real time protection should not be listed as an on demand scanner.
I would consider adding CCleaner or Privazer.
Other than the lack of a system backup your config is good. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
This is pretty good, but on the oft chance something does happen, you're SOL meatbag since you don't have a backup.

Lot of good suggestions here, Macrium Reflect is the go to for free disk imagers. I recommend splurging on the $100ish for RollBack and Drive Cloner. You may be used to disk imaging, but snapshot tools are a lot faster so it makes it easier for you to back out of a nasty situation in 5-10 sec rather than 45+
min. Up to you, but that's my two cents.

maanastr

Level 4
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
Looks good. Just one question. You are using QIhoo + comodo firewall combination. So have you facing any system stability issueHave you faced any system stability issue since you used this? just for curiosity. Because I faced treamndous slowdown of system and auto shutdown when i used this combo.

Reactions: Rengar

lab34

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Thank you, I think I will try Macrium Reflect.

For the additional scanner: I wanted to find a portable one, that I could schedule the download every day on my nas.
After that, my two desktops and my notebook could retrieve the fresh copy on boot (something about a hundred of Mb on a gigabit lan, or on wifi, no problem) . But some need to be launch before downloading the sigs, other need to be installed every time... clamwin seems slow...

Do you know a portable on demand scanner that could do the job ?

@maanastr : no I don't have this kind of problem since one week of using this new combo. The hips is turned off like in cruelsister video. This week end, I put the fw in custom mode instead of safe mode, (I like the popups !). No problem.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
@lab34 how about two awesome cloud scanners HitmanPro and Zemana portable?
HMP can be set to even scan the system quick, on each boot.
Which engines have you enabled on 360?
Consider backing up your system :)

lab34

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
@lab34 how about two awesome cloud scanners HitmanPro and Zemana portable?
HMP can be set to even scan the system quick, on each boot.
Which engines have you enabled on 360?
Consider backing up your system :)

I have enabled the BD engine (for realtime and on demand scan).

The notebook (owned by my son) is not always connected to the internet. So, I hope the BD engine will self update regurarly. I wanted a second opinion offline scanner because of that.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I have enabled the BD engine (for realtime and on demand scan).

The notebook (owned by my son) is not always connected to the internet. So, I hope the BD engine will self update regurarly. I wanted a second opinion offline scanner because of that.
There are limited recommendable offline scanners.
You can try Emsisoft Emergency Kit (Emsisoft+BD), Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Dr.Web CureIt (for PUPs, stubborn trojans...), besides MBAM that you already have.
Dr.Web may show some clean apps as PUPs, but neglecting that, it has great detection that some nice AVs miss.

Sep 17, 2012
If you're not using backing up programs, I would like to suggest you user Voodooshield free or Sandboxie.

It will keep you away from data loses virus attacked, and also accidently click on virus links.

Reactions: lab34 and Rengar

lab34

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Hello all,
thank you for all your suggests.
For the backup, I have syncback free but I will have a look to macrium.

lab34

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Looks good. Just one question. You are using QIhoo + comodo firewall combination. So have you facing any system stability issueHave you faced any system stability issue since you used this? just for curiosity. Because I faced treamndous slowdown of system and auto shutdown when i used this combo.
Hello @maanastr,
after a few weeks, I discover something with 360TS.

sometimes, I encounter a very slow copy performance. For example when I'm copying a single bat file that contains only one line (with the shutdown command), it takes a super long time !

If I stop 360 TS, but keep CFW, it's returning fast as before.
If I stop CFW, but keep 360TS it remains slow.

maanastr

Level 4
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
Hello @maanastr,
after a few weeks, I discover something with 360TS.

sometimes, I encounter a very slow copy performance. For example when I'm copying a single bat file that contains only one line (with the shutdown command), it takes a super long time !

If I stop 360 TS, but keep CFW, it's returning fast as before.
If I stop CFW, but keep 360TS it remains slow.

sorry but no idea brother. I uninstalled comodo after that problem occured. Just for trial purpose once uninstall comodo and chek whther porblem is persist or not.. It may not be a perfect answer. But just try

Reactions: lab34

lab34

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Removed:
- Firefox
- Malwarebyte free

Add:
+ Cent Browser + Ublock0 + Lastpass + Avira Browser safety + Vanilla Cookie Manager + Google Translate
+ Herd Protect

Modified:
* Creators Update
* UAC at max

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.