Solved Lag and stuterring in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
I have recently changed my motherboard to Gigabyte g41mts2p.
Its based on intel g41 chipset. Most of the games in my pc lag.
GTA vicecity performs msotly well. Slight delays in middle. Crazy Taxi is unplayable. While all MS default games work without any problems. Bejeweled also has lags. Neighbours from hell and spiderman 2 work fine.

My AV is KIS 2012 and nothing else. No BZP also. Processor is p4 with hyperthreading and 3.20ghz clock speed. Aero runs smoothly on my pc.
DX diag shows no errors. Using win7 homebasic 32bit. Ram is 2gb DDR3.
Its a latest pc and the integrated graphics card is intel GMA 4500.

So any ideas?

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
How can you not understand a performance difference when you are using completely different hardware ? Newer doesn't always mean better.

Check in the BIOS and see how much RAM is allocated to the onboard graphics, it could be that it has only assigned 64MB or something and your last board had 256MB assigned

Upvote 0

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Ya I got it guys. Mobo was not touching the case. I got a new cooler master case and also a new processor and it sorted out the issue. Now temp goes max to 50c.Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.