Troubleshoot Laptop Crashes and bluescreen

Patty

Thread author
Aug 12, 2014
Hi everyone

I have a problem with my laptop, it crashes and bluescreen randomly many times per day.
I know all problems can have diferent sources so I'm asking if anyone can help me.
I have the BlueScreenView reports here
file:///C:/Users/PT/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.738/report.html

Thank you everyone

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Hi everyone

I have a problem with my laptop, it crashes and bluescreen randomly many times per day.
I know all problems can have diferent sources so I'm asking if anyone can help me.
I have the BlueScreenView reports here
file:///C:/Users/PT/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.738/report.html

Thank you everyone

Could you click reply and then click "Upload a File" and copy and paste "C:/Users/PT/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.738/report.html" into the box, then click open?

Unfortunately anything beginning with "file:///" is known as a "local URI" (standing for Universal Resource Identifier) which basically means it's an address to something that is physically on your computer and not visible to the rest of us on the web. Anything with "http://" or "https://" is visible to everybody on the web whereas anything with "file:///" is only visible to you on your computer ;)

If you're still struggling, then click the "Upload a File" button (next to "Post Reply") and a box will open. Drag and drop the report onto the box and click open, and then the file will upload so everybody here can see it and hopefully we can help :)

Upvote 0

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
The causes of BSOD's can be extremely varying. Could be software. Could be hardware. Could be a driver. Could be a corrupt OS. If you are on XP then I highly suggest you buy a new pc. If your pc is under warranty then bring it back or call tech support. Best thing to do is backup your stuff and format your drive. Most newer pc's come with a factory restore hidden partition.

Upvote 0

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Hi @Patty, I'm sorry for my slow response to your issue. Your BSOD reports indicate that this is a low level problem possibly with your hardware. Can you tell me about some of the events leading up to when you get these crashes?

For example, how long does it take after your computer starts for the BSOD to appear? If the computer loads, is there any specific trigger for the BSOD appearing, such as when you log in, or when you open a certain program etc?

I'd like to see the actual DMP files if possible, which can be found at: "C:\Windows\Minidump\081514-32432-01.dmp" and "C:\Windows\Minidump\080714-27549-01.dmp". These files contain technical details which could help me get to the bottom of this for you, and rule out any potential hardware problems ;)

If possible, I'd appreciate it if you could upload the most recent files in the folder C:\Windows\Minidump and post the link for me to take a look :)

Reactions: Tony Cole
Upvote 0

Patty

Thread author
Aug 12, 2014
it doesnt let me upload any of the dmp files...
It's rlly random and mostly doesnt bluescreen it just stops and i have to turn it off and back on
Some days more than others usually 3mins after i turn it on it crashes once

Upvote 0
M

MalwareT

it doesnt let me upload any of the dmp files...
It's rlly random and mostly doesnt bluescreen it just stops and i have to turn it off and back on
Some days more than others usually 3mins after i turn it on it crashes once

Test your RAM : Start > Run > mdsched.exe , restart your pc and be patient. Also check HDD with HDSentinel,HDTune and check computer for viruses. If it doesnt work, reformat.

Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
So you have Windows7x64.

Have you a good habit to clean your computer everyday (with CCleaner software etc), please?
Have you checked for malware (and with which softwares), please?
No problems in startup processes?
Which security software are you using on this computer, please?

WhoCrashed - by Resplendence : http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
Microsoft about TCP/IP : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Patty

Thread author
Aug 12, 2014
Test your RAM : Start > Run > mdsched.exe , restart your pc and be patient. Also check HDD with HDSentinel,HDTune and check computer for viruses.
done mdsched.exe and no problems found
i use Comodo antivirus and found nothing
I'm not sure how to use those programs u told me about but i did the error test on the HDtune, it says it's ok on the health tab,

So you have Windows7x64.

Have you a good habit to clean your computer everyday (with CCleaner software etc), please?
Have you checked for malware (and with which softwares), please?
No problems in startup processes?

i use ccleaner regularly
no probs in startup
I ran malwarebytes i don't know if it's a good software but i uploaded the log

thanks for all the time helping me :)
http://9gag.com/gag/a9MM6D1

Attachments

• 21-Agosto-2014_23-42.png
    21-Agosto-2014_23-42.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 454
  • Disk report 2014 08 21.txt
    19.3 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Test your RAM : Start > Run > mdsched.exe , restart your pc and be patient. Also check HDD with HDSentinel,HDTune and check computer for viruses. If it doesnt work, reformat.
Malware Test's advice is dead on.One of the most common problems with random BSOD is bad memory or a bad HDD.The 2 programs mentioned in the above quote are both excellent.A memory test is one way or you can remove one memory stick at a time.If it runs without BSOD then you know the culprit.
I just replaced my memory on an older laptop not to long ago.I started having random BSOD which became more frequent.I just pulled one memory stick and got lucky,that was the bad one.Good thing is I updated to 4GB of ram from 2 ;)

Reactions: MalwareT
Upvote 0

Patty

Thread author
Aug 12, 2014
got the HD sentinel report was that what u wanted?
if i cant find any way to get my laptop working i'll format it on thursday but thanks for everyone help

Attachments

• Disk report 2014 08 26.txt
    19.3 KB · Views: 388
Upvote 0

Ricardo Bonifaz

Sep 8, 2014
Hello, I'm just joining and need help for a problem similar to that of Patty

My laptop crashes and bluescreen randomly several times a week.
The system returns the following information from Windows Troubleshooting
Problem event name: BlueScreen
Operative System Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Regional Configuration Identity: 13322
Additional problem information:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8007945A10
BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C3D8 (varies in every event)
BCP4: FFFFFA8006D29BD0 (varies in every event)
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Thanks for providing guidance

Upvote 0

dragonmew

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
direct from microsoft

A computer that is running Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 crashes. Additionally, you receive a Stop error message that resembles the following:
STOP: 0x0000007F (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
Notes
  • This Stop error describes an UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP issue.
  • The parameters in this Stop error message vary, depending on the configuration of the computer.
  • Not all "Stop 0x0000007F" errors are caused by this issue.
This issue is caused by stack exhaustion that occurs when the computer sends and receives Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or Server Message Block (SMB) data. Stack exhaustion occurs because the thread on which the TCP and SMB data is received and sent does not have sufficient stack space to complete the call.

To resolve this issue in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2, install update 2919355.
To resolve this issue in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, install the hotfix that is described in this article.
Update information for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
For more information about how to obtain update 2919355, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2919355 Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 Update April, 2014

Hotfix information for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.

If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.

Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website:
http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support
Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
Prerequisites
To apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

For more information about how to obtain a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
976932 Information about Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2
Registry information
To apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirement
You must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.